Can you sing, or do you just hum a lot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
WHAT are you doing that far up the neck? May as well play a geetar if you hang out there a lot.... ;)

Just so happens that band had a song called 'angel grinder' (see previous post!)

And folksongs, and the odd hymn... We were both choral scholars in Oxford (Queen's) and I don't think either of us can remember not singing. I've spent much of the last three weeks bellowing carols at various fundraising gigs for the hospital I'm associated with - not helped by a vile cold!
Talking of a pair at Queens,(two hymns being 'hers') and in the absence of anyone's incriminating evidence so far (apart from Andrew C...who we're not sure is singing, so much as 'scaring') I offer you this pair (It's fun time - it's Christmas! :santa: )
Looks like @slowmotion and @dellzeqq at play...if only they had burst into song...

I blame the audience. Such a complimentary song about veg. Would you get away with it?

What this thread needs is a clip of @GrumpyGregry and his group (The Jesus and Hail Mary Chain isn't it, Greg?)in action, enthralling the crowds. :santa::snowball:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
There's a bloke at our gym who has a fine tenor voice. He usually sings Puccini in the changing room after a swim - on most occasions he has very little on apart from the wig that he wears. I'd take pictures but I'm not sure the Mods would let me post them :whistle:

And yet the type of gym you go would have no issue with some changing room photography?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
This thread needs @srw and @rvw. I have fond memories of the G&S renditions they sang on the tandem during LonJOG :smile:
Somewhere online (I'm not inclined to find a link) is my one recorded solo spot. I was 18 and sounded 45.
And folksongs, and the odd hymn... We were both choral scholars in Oxford (Queen's) and I don't think either of us can remember not singing.
I can. I wasn't let in to my primary school choir because I couldn't sing in tune.

Somewhere online (I'm not inclined to find a link) is my one recorded solo spot. I was 18 and sounded 45.

I can. I wasn't let in to my primary school choir because I couldn't sing in tune.
Again, probably nothing has changed, Steven...so let's have that clip please! :snowball::santa: :smile:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
At the risk of getting a thump next time we're in the same place, @rvw sings to the world this week.

Radio 3 (online, on DAB, on 91 - 93 FM), In Tune, Thursday evening, due to start at 5:30 GMT. 20 singers from the New London Chamber Choir show off their new conductor and preview Friday night's concert.

I'm told that one of the pieces involves singing, finger-clicks and stamping. At the same time and in different rhythms. A music stand is mandatory.

rvw

Guru
I'm told that one of the pieces involves singing, finger-clicks and stamping. At the same time and in different rhythms. A music stand is mandatory.

Actually two of them need that kind of coordination... though we aren't doing either for the radio slot. The main event is at Wilton's Music Hall (details here) on Friday night.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I had forgotten a "me singing" story, perhaps it was repressed memory syndrome.

I was in China (all my stories seem to be there) with some colleagues. We'd been to karaoke a couple of days before and they could see that at least I can hold a tune. We were in a packed bar in Guangzhou and there was a Filipino band playing all the popular covers. I was hammered.

My then boss told the band I was a great singer. The female singer asked me and, being, hammered, of course I said "yes". I was then announced to the crowd and was asked to joint he band on stage. No problem I thought, I can wing this.

"Hey Jude"......FFS. Almost impossible to sing, especially for someone who couldn't walk straight at that point. And they didn't give me any lyrics. They expected me, being a "great singer" to know them. I kinda mumbled through with the professional singer lady quickly realising that I was hopeless. We started off 50/50 singing....finished up with me standing there like a lemon on stage with her singing next to me

I have sung with my local musical group in the past but now I tend to work back stage for them rather than being on stage as I found that trying to remember words, music and moves as well as trying to follow the conductor without glasses on as my eyesight slowly degenerated as I got older got more and more difficult. Still sing in the wings though when I can:thumbsup:

Top Bottom