Can you sing, or do you just hum a lot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Your bandmate looks to be in agony - you must be crooning, Andrew. Good stuff...more! :santa::snowball:

Here's proof of why the mask was really for the benefit of the audience, not me:

Ipswich-Royal-Oak-5th-December-2008.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
In China, KTV is a massive industry. After dinner we often go to one of these places. I always promise myself I'm not gonna sing but somehow the beer and the good times get the better of me and I become a "mai ba". Loosely translated that means "microphone hog"

In China, KTV is a massive industry. After dinner we often go to one of these places. I always promise myself I'm not gonna sing but somehow the beer and the good times get the better of me and I become a "mai ba". Loosely translated that means "microphone hog"
In East End pubs, 'mai ba' means "mai ba it's because I'm a Londoner..." :snowball:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
If I sing, I destroy music. This is a shame because I like singing. But even my (as of today) 5-year old son says 'don't sing, daddy!'

My three year old daughter gets quite cross if I burst into song, as did the reviewers of some of the albums I've sung on.

rvw

Guru
This thread needs @srw and @rvw. I have fond memories of the G&S renditions they sang on the tandem during LonJOG :smile:
And folksongs, and the odd hymn... We were both choral scholars in Oxford (Queen's) and I don't think either of us can remember not singing. I've spent much of the last three weeks bellowing carols at various fundraising gigs for the hospital I'm associated with - not helped by a vile cold!

Top Bottom