Can you take your bike with you into shops?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
How old are you and how many times have you seen people wandering round shops with a bike?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
My local big tesco let us take bikes in, told to tuck them out of the way by security but still in full view of staff.

Also taken bikes through a garden centre en route to the cafe.

Don't be a d1ck about it and it's not a problem

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The local Tesco Express lets me park my bike by the till whilst i nip to get milk, bread or beer. One of their security guards recently said I couldn't, but i told him that the other security guards all let me bring my bike in and he conceded. I do shop there almost daily, which probably helps.

It's a bit of a ridiculous thing to try and do, unless there is some very specific reason
Why is it? On that basis, do you also think it's ridiculous for parents with children in pushchairs or wheelchair users to be inside the shops? Or come to that, the actual supermarket trolley! All could be viewed as possible obstructions and safety hazards. What's the difference? It's really down to the users behaving responsibly. If they do that's fine. If they don't then fair enough for them being asked to leave the shop.

gavgav

Guru
Are you allowed to take your bike with you inside shops with you such as Tesco, Starbucks, small caffees, shopping centres? Or do you have to leave it outside? I just don't like leaving my bike outside because Im scared of thieves stealing it, even though I do have a good lock.
I can’t imagine they’d be too keen on it, with the current situation.....but I guess it might keep people 2 metres away from you! Best bet is to ask the shop concerned, as I can’t imagine they will all answer in the same way.

Top Bottom