**CANCELLED** CC Ecosse (East Central) post-Freeze RV Ride 101

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Even if I was permitted to go on such a jaunt (and believe me I'd like to) the whole weekend's riding is in jeopardy as a school friend has been seconded to Aberdeen from Norway and might be visiting on Saturday so even my early morning ride looks otu of the question.

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
Even if I was permitted to go on such a jaunt (and believe me I'd like to) the whole weekend's riding is in jeopardy as a school friend has been seconded to Aberdeen from Norway and might be visiting on Saturday so even my early morning ride looks otu of the question.

Oh that's a shame! :smile:

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
I think I heard your relieved sigh from here! :tongue:

Snowed here last night and this morning but the roads aren't too bad, you'd be fine on a CX bike... :smile:

I don't honestly believe there'll be much snow around by Saturday, it's the forecast torrential rain that would be a problem.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
I don't honestly believe there'll be much snow around by Saturday, it's the forecast torrential rain that would be a problem.

I'm honestly not being smart when I ask - why would rain be a problem? Especially now you've got muddies fitted!

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
From a motivational point of view.

Ah, understood. I've become used to getting out whatever now but last winter I wasn't and the warmth of the house/car is a really nice place on crappy days!

JiMBR

Jane Smart said:
Awwwww I am so fed up with this weather I am almost crying :biggrin:

Lots of :smile: for Jane.

gavintc

Guru
I have not been on one of these rides. I cheated on the Christmas one, turning up in my car and using the lame excuse of icy roads. So, do folk simply meet at the cafe having ridden from home, or do we meet at the cafe and then go for a ride, or is it a bit of both. I might be free on Sat, depends on how much I get completed tomorrow.

Noodley

Yet again I won't be there - off to Manchester to the Velodrome to watch people cycling round and round and round and round.....

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
gavintc said:
I have not been on one of these rides. I cheated on the Christmas one, turning up in my car and using the lame excuse of icy roads. So, do folk simply meet at the cafe having ridden from home, or do we meet at the cafe and then go for a ride, or is it a bit of both. I might be free on Sat, depends on how much I get completed tomorrow.
On the Forum Rides (as I think you know from last year), we all meet at a pre-determined place and go for a ride together. ;) :becool::bicycle: ...

The RV Rides (only started this winter) are based around all meeting up at an agreed place at a pre-determined time. You are free to take any route you like to get to and from that place, as long as you can join in the chat and refreshments :blush: :laugh:. Some people arrange to meet beforehand and ride together, others might ride back together. It's pretty flexible and works quite well in the winter with the reduced riding hours.

Saturday is looking pretty dodgy 'cos of the weather. :biggrin: :laugh: :evil: + snow/ice = probably not me :biggrin:

Top Bottom