**CANCELLED** CC Ecosse (East Central) post-Freeze RV Ride 101

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane Smart

The Queen
I have been using a turbo trainer this past six weeks too for the record :cycle:

Like Scoosh (ie;)) I also need any advantage, due to the fact I am fortunate to be an old person mature in my years :tongue:

Scoosh (ie;)) there were no clipless moments yesterday, but it was a good test, every flipping traffic light turned red for me, including the pedestrian crossings, god help me I am sure they knew I was new to clips :laugh:

Jane Smart

The Queen
I have been using a turbo trainer this past six weeks too for the record :boxing:

Like Scoosh (ie;)) I also need any advantage, due to the fact I am fortunate to be an old person mature in my years ;)

Scoosh (ie;)) there were no clipless moments yesterday, but it was a good test, every flipping traffic light turned red for me, including the pedestrian crossings, god help me I am sure they knew I was new to clips ;)

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Jane Smart said:
Scoosh (ie;)) there were no clipless moments yesterday, but it was a good test, every flipping traffic light turned red for me, including the pedestrian crossings, god help me I am sure they knew I was new to clips :biggrin:

Just think of them like the clutch on your car. As you come to a halt think "put the clutch in" ie unclip...........just leave plenty time to do it:smile:

I had my 1st clipless moment for over a year couple of days ago. Came out my house clipped in and pulled away, only to have to stop immediately for a car going to my neighbours house (we live on a single track road).

Wobbled, thought "Oh Bugger" and gracefully fell over.

No damage done. Hopefully thats it for the year:smile:

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Jane Smart said:
Scoosh (ie;)) there were no clipless moments yesterday, but it was a good test, every flipping traffic light turned red for me, including the pedestrian crossings, god help me I am sure they knew I was new to clips ;)

Just think of them like the clutch on your car. As you come to a halt think "put the clutch in" ie unclip...........just leave plenty time to do it:smile:

I had my 1st clipless moment for over a year couple of days ago. Came out my house clipped in and pulled away, only to have to stop immediately for a car going to my neighbours house (we live on a single track road).

No damage done. Hopefully thats it for the year:smile:

Stephen-D

Jane, if its any help i have had a few clipless moments when i was getting used to them around Dunfermline, worse bit was at the traffic lights just before the Glen coming from Crossford, i went to put my foot down to the pavement and forgot the whole twist thing and a basically fell over with the bike still stuck to me, lol

Stephen-D

Jane, if its any help i have had a few clipless moments when i was getting used to them around Dunfermline, worse bit was at the traffic lights just before the Glen coming from Crossford, i went to put my foot down to the pavement and forgot the whole twist thing and a basically fell over with the bike still stuck to me, lol

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Halfmanhalfbike said:
+1 :biggrin:

Yup, that is the other essential of a clipless moment :biggrin:.

As is laughing when lying helpless :ohmy:

One thing I would really like to see - for the ultimate in cool :biggrin: - is someone getting back up again, WITHOUT UNCLIPPING :laugh:

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Halfmanhalfbike said:
+1 :biggrin:

Yup, that is the other essential of a clipless moment :biggrin:.

As is laughing when lying helpless :smile:

One thing I would really like to see - for the ultimate in cool :smile: - is someone getting back up again, WITHOUT UNCLIPPING :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I don't believe this, just a few key individuals are elsewhere and the CC Ecosse rides disappear, what are you lot like?? :smile: :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I don't believe this, just a few key individuals are elsewhere and the CC Ecosse rides disappear, what are you lot like?? :laugh: ;)

Top Bottom