Cannondale help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A friend of a friend is selling the bike below and describes it as a Cannondale Super X Hi-Mod although i`m struggling to find one like it on the Cannondale site but that`s probably just me.

Also, he describes it as a cyclo-cross bike with 33cc tyres?? Is it possible just to put 25cc`s on it - I may have to find out what kind of wheels it has in order to do that. Sorry if that sounds a bit inane but I`m no bike mechanic lol

Any help well appreciated!

$_86.JPG

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Nice bike. The wheels are Mavic Ksyrium, which have a rim width of either 17mm or 15mm depending on how old they are, but either way, they will take a 25c road tyre, no problem.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
I know, I like it but I was concerned that I couldn`t find it on the Cannondale site - I dont want to be conned into buying something that isn`t, ie, it`s not as high a quality bike as he is claiming, thereby boosting his sales price, if you understand what I mean

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I know, I like it but I was concerned that I couldn`t find it on the Cannondale site - I dont want to be conned into buying something that isn`t, ie, it`s not as high a quality bike as he is claiming, thereby boosting his sales price, if you understand what I mean

You won't see it on the Cannondale website because there isn't an equivalent model in the current range. I'm guessing that's a 2012 model based on the paintjob and lack of disc brakes. Assuming it's genuine, it's a very high quality bike. Would probably have been over £3k new.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
How the feck couldn`t I find those on the Cannondale site, I am useless lol

It's partly a case of knowing what you're looking for. I found it by doing a google search for "cannondale superx himod 2015", "cannondale superx himod 2014" etc until I turned up a pic of a similar looking bike.

@TheJDog obviously has better searching techniques than me to get a confirmed match.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Top Bottom