Cannondale Synapse.....any CCs got one? any opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes but you could buy an audax/tourer alloy for half that money. I've kind of given up on carbon. The fellow selling the Scott Solace has decided he's not selling it anymore and i had a go on another riders Rose two and a half grand carbon bike yesterday. It was ok but the frame felt like it was made out of eggshells. You know, one wrong tap and it cracks. I've got my eye on a Cube Peloton with Shimano 105. Like you pointed out, it's a nicer riding position than the Agree.
That's up to you
I hanker after a titanium bike as its the only mainstream material I don't have and I'm not a racer in anyway shape or form

I don't much like the way alu rides personally. The SS is fine. The PX was bought as a donor bike and will be sold or broken up at some point

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's up to you
I hanker after a titanium bike as its the only mainstream material I don't have and I'm not a racer in anyway shape or form

I don't much like the way alu rides personally. The SS is fine. The PX was bought as a donor bike and will be sold or broken up at some point

Do you have a carbon bike?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Do you have a carbon bike?
Titanium is as smooth as silk to ride......way better than the cheaper end of alu and some of the mid to high end ones too. Also its a frame for life as it doesnt rust

Theres quite a few Ti riders on this forum and my Ti bumps my carbon onto winter duties

vickster

Legendary Member
As I say one is a SS, bought second hand, it's a toy :smile: The other I bought as a real bargain to upgrade the groupset on my carbon. It's been converted to a flat bar but it's probably too small so will get sold at some point , maybe to make way for Ti ;) I'd like one with disc brakes perhaps and they start at over £3k...I too need my compo payout and then I need to be able to justify it to myself :whistle:

I can't ride anything for a few months so they are all locked away safely

If I only had one bike, it would be steel or Ti

I don't ride the carbon very much as I like to be able to carry stuff, a lock etc. But it was my first road bike, I'm attached to it, it's a rare beast and I do enjoy it when I take it out

Last edited:

h0lly1991

Speak to your lbs explain what riding you do and want to actually achieve rather than letting yourself read too much into the forum.

But, if you do go bespoke build....

Weight of the build is negated if you are overweight. Not knowing your size/weight if you became a weight weeny but are let's say "chunky" you may well spend lots on a nice bike but it maybe wasted. Some people on the world of keyboard forums may enjoy helping but sometimes it comes down to your choice what suits you.
I've just had a rourke built to my spec and measurements cost me just over 3k
Dura ace group set, 3t finishing kit, prologo saddle, and mavic carbone cc wheels.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Speak to your lbs explain what riding you do and want to actually achieve rather than letting yourself read too much into the forum.

But, if you do go bespoke build....

Weight of the build is negated if you are overweight. Not knowing your size/weight if you became a weight weeny but are let's say "chunky" you may well spend lots on a nice bike but it maybe wasted. Some people on the world of keyboard forums may enjoy helping but sometimes it comes down to your choice what suits you.
I've just had a rourke built to my spec and measurements cost me just over 3k
Dura ace group set, 3t finishing kit, prologo saddle, and mavic carbone cc wheels.
I have 2 LBSs and had good talks with them both.........in particular the one who thinks the Cannondale could be a good option to look at. I like & trust the guy. He has tweaked my set-up on my Giant Defy (f.o.c.) and recommends I give it a few months to see if that works before spending money. (BTW......I didn't buy this bike from him).
I am 69 yrs old and got into "proper" cycling some 2-3 years ago.I am 5' 7" and less than 11 stone so not really over-weight.
Incidentally I managed a 43 miler on Friday and was more comfortable than the 30 the week before.........maybe his "tweak" has worked :smile:

I have 2 LBSs and had good talks with them both.........in particular the one who thinks the Cannondale could be a good option to look at. I like & trust the guy. He has tweaked my set-up on my Giant Defy (f.o.c.) and recommends I give it a few months to see if that works before spending money. (BTW......I didn't buy this bike from him).
I am 69 yrs old and got into "proper" cycling some 2-3 years ago.I am 5' 7" and less than 11 stone so not really over-weight.
Incidentally I managed a 43 miler on Friday and was more comfortable than the 30 the week before.........maybe his "tweak" has worked :smile:

That sounds like a great LBS. Which one is it?

Graham

Top Bottom