Cannondale Topstone owners with BB30

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LJR69

I've only done about 600 miles on my Topstone but when washing the bike today I noticed this for the first time. It might have always been like that, but I can't recall. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 69

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Something not right there. I should take it back to your retailer or email them with the pics.

OP
OP
LJR69

LJR69

The spring washer looking thing is metal and it's all tight and there's no play at all in the bearing or cranks. Bizarre. I've sent the images to my lbs where I bought it from.

OP
OP
LJR69

LJR69

Different, but I think the non-drive side is slightly different on the PF30 bb's.

Found this, which sounds like the BB30 has the 'wave washer' which is there to take up slack (and ergo may not be fully compressed). I have a feeling that it's actually supposed to look like this - which frankly is terrible.

The PF30a is similar to the PF30 standard, but the frame BB shell is 5mm wider on the non-drive side. PF30a system uses thin spacers and/or a wave washer between the bearings and the crank arms to take up any slack and micro-adjust the chainline of the crank

Attachments

• bb30.jpg
    bb30.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 28

Fraz21

Regular
I've only done about 600 miles on my Topstone but when washing the bike today I noticed this for the first time. It might have always been like that, but I can't recall. Is this normal?

Thanks!
That doesn’t look good

Globalti

Legendary Member
It doesn't look right to me although yes there is a wave washer.

Modern bikes are designed for dry places like California not wet places like the UK. Those bearings will go bad within a few weeks.

Top Bottom