Can't get holes in Yorkshires anymore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Though my mother's Swiss her MiL was Yorkshire and my father was Trad Yorkshire. Her lesson was that the batter must always be left for a good while for the flour to swell. I've never made Yorkshires but I can vouch for their gravy-holding potential and were big enough to be served before the roast and veg (apparently that's in the rules somewhere).

dfthe1

Though my mother's Swiss her MiL was Yorkshire and my father was Trad Yorkshire. Her lesson was that the batter must always be left for a good while for the flour to swell. I've never made Yorkshires but I can vouch for their gravy-holding potential and were big enough to be served before the roast and veg (apparently that's in the rules somewhere).

Eating them first is the traditional Yorkshire way -- fill up on the cheaper staple stuff so you won't need to eat as much of the expensive meat later. “Them 'at eats t'most pudding gets t'most meat."

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4775651, member: 76"]Er, no. Not veg oil, you want this.......

View attachment 349278

Don't dick about with veg oil, they will look ok, but will actually contain a high level of ponciness which you really don't want in a Yorkshire.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the Hole of Horcum!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_of_Horcum

And proper Yorkshire's should be made using beef dripping - vegetable oil indeed... :rolleyes:

^_^
Beef Dripping, not Lard
l12406000.jpg

Top Bottom