Canyon frame sizes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Edmondson

Hi, I entered my body geometry into the Canyon websites frame size calculator, which suggested i order a 'Medium (56)'. This seamed reasonable as i am 5ft9" and 32.5 inseam. However when i checked the geometry of the frame HERE it appears to suggest that the seat tube length is 54.5.

Can anybody explain how this frame can be described as a 'Medium (56)' when the geometry diagram suggests otherwise?

Many thanks!

The only thing that measures 56 on that diagram is the stack height. In any case, how they describe it is largely irrelevant - if you know the size you need, just compare the measurements on the chart and choose the one that fits. The 56 frame looks to be more or less '54 square' in reality, which should be fine as long as you are happy with a 15cm head tube.

OP
OP
John Edmondson

John Edmondson

The only thing that measures 56 on that diagram is the stack height. In any case, how they describe it is largely irrelevant - if you know the size you need, just compare the measurements on the chart and choose the one that fits. The 56 frame looks to be more or less '54 square' in reality, which should be fine as long as you are happy with a 15cm head tube.

Cheers Dusty Bin, the bike i have now has a 54cm seat tube so it makes sense. The reason i got concerned is because i mentioned that I rode a 54 in conversion today and sombody suggested that at 5ft 9" that seemed a little small for me. Obviously you can't always go on height.
I have following aprox body geometry:

Inseam = 32.5cm
Torso = 70cm
Arm length = 63cm

Does 54 seam small to you?

OP
OP
John Edmondson

John Edmondson

I'm the same height as you with a similar inseam and I've always ridden 54, give or take a few mm. Talking of inseam, I presume you mean 32.5vicinches, not cm - otherwise that would look mighty odd at 5'9...

Sorry that was my other leg... :tongue:

Cheers for the advice, its what i wanted to hear.

Top Bottom