• RAC

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • GREEN FLAG

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

We've just 'upgraded' a bit, so instead of 2x15 y.o, we have an 8, a 13, and a 15 y.o. ^_^
Just had an email from AutoAid they say that due to customer demand they have enrolled me in AutoRenewal, they have received a reply on my thoughts about that along with a threat the if they don't remove the autorenewal & charge me, they will be reported to the Police & ICO. AutoRenwal should be made illegal.

Tom B

Guru
The missus has one of those premium bank accounts with green flag included with travel insurance and mobile gadget cover, they cover whatever car she's in . Only used it twice, once when I locked my keys inside and once when I'd been driving around with a goosed battery and bumping it for months but on this day stalled it right at the bottom of a dip.

Both times they sent a local contractor with 45 mins even in the arse end of nowhere near Ribblehead Viaduct. Keys recovered and jump started at the roadside.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The missus has one of those premium bank accounts with green flag included with travel insurance and mobile gadget cover, they cover whatever car she's in . Only used it twice, once when I locked my keys inside and once when I'd been driving around with a goosed battery and bumping it for months but on this day stalled it right at the bottom of a dip.

Both times they sent a local contractor with 45 mins even in the arse end of nowhere near Ribblehead Viaduct. Keys recovered and jump started at the roadside.
It does make the RAC & AA models look rather top-heavy, it occurs to me.

Tom B

Guru

I think it's about £15 a month. Add together the travel insurance and breakdown cover and it is already cost effective.

The banks are clearly terrified about another miss selling scandal and are always writing to her to make sure the cover and benefits are suited to her needs.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I think it's about £15 a month. Add together the travel insurance and breakdown cover and it is already cost effective.

The banks are clearly terrified about another miss selling scandal and are always writing to her to make sure the cover and benefits are suited to her needs.
I wasn't clear, I meant the fact that they employ their own people, as opposed to the 3rd party models of Green Flag, Autoaid et al.

D

Deleted member 26715

The missus has one of those premium bank accounts with green flag included with travel insurance and mobile gadget cover,
Just ensure that you read the terms fully Nat West used to have one which wasn't worth the text on the screen, only recover you to the nearest garage etc.

This is like a which GPS thread, or a what bike thread, by which I mean ask 10 folk the same question and get 10 different answers.

So FWIW the RAC have left me stranded for hours on multiple occasions with work vehicles, on the warmest day of the year last year in Blackpool, on the M57 a couple of months ago, in Liverpool another time, and it's never improved as other lads at work have suffered the same indifference at the hands of the RAC as well, so they will never see a penny of my hard earned, or a penny of any of my relations either, or another penny of my employers when this policy expires.

I have Green Flag, and when Mrs Smoo had to ring them last winter they arrive within 40 mins, where professional and courteous, diagnosed the problem within minutes and resolved it straight away, and their cost of cover was less than the other big boys as well.

You pays your money you takes your chance I reckon.

Queue someone who's had the opposite experience.

Drago

Legendary Member
Absolutely. If banks and the likes of Volvo can give away free breakdown cover as a sweetener for using their services, it makes one wonder how much profit the providers make from selling it direct to punters.

D

Deleted member 26715

Absolutely. If banks and the likes of Volvo can give away free breakdown cover as a sweetener for using their services, it makes one wonder how much profit the providers make from selling it direct to punters.
Or, how much profit banks are making to be able to give away such things.

Drago

Legendary Member
AutoAid here too and if they try and auto renew me they'll regret it, seems all the insurance companies try this on saying "it's so you don't get left without cover sir"

They actually meant to say, "it's so we don't get left without profit sir", but every time their lips move it just slips out wrong somehow.

D

Deleted member 26715

AutoAid gone up again, just received my renewal £59.99 now

Top Bottom