Car D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

You sure you've tried to fit the NS to the OS and visa versa, DAHIKT when the bleeds are at the bottom not the top

D

Deleted member 26715

If you look closely the new one has the brake pipe hole in the centre of where the piston is whereas the original is on the top.
As long as there was no fouling on the pipes I'd have probably would have still fitted them, if the flexi's reached

D

Deleted member 26715

It's a small solid copper that goes to the caliper then a flexi from that to that to another copper to Master cylinder.
Had similar on Mini's the short copper pipe may not be original & the flex goes straight into the hole in the middle of the caliper, it could be the ones you have taken off have been replaced at some point & the new ones are how the should be. But if you have replacements coming it doesn't matter either way

gbb

Legendary Member
Borrowed the 'love bus' tonight, a Fiat Doblo Hightop, it gets used maybe 6 times a year so the battery is inevitably flat when I got to it. Sat with jump leads on it for 10 minutes just to let the batteries equalise a bit....several failed attempts...impatience being the cause.
Got it going at about the 6th try after 15 minutes or so.
It had a spare battery in it, not enough juice to get the diesel started so it's getting a trickle charge tonight, ready for a tip run on Saturday.
55 plate, 1.9 JTD turbo, 155k miles, engine is sweet as a nut when it's going....the rest rattles and clanks a bit...but a good workhorse.

Borrowed the 'love bus' tonight, a Fiat Doblo Hightop, it gets used maybe 6 times a year so the battery is inevitably flat when I got to it. Sat with jump leads on it for 10 minutes just to let the batteries equalise a bit....several failed attempts...impatience being the cause.
Got it going at about the 6th try after 15 minutes or so.
It had a spare battery in it, not enough juice to get the diesel started so it's getting a trickle charge tonight, ready for a tip run on Saturday.
55 plate, 1.9 JTD turbo, 155k miles, engine is sweet as a nut when it's going....the rest rattles and clanks a bit...but a good workhorse.

Many years ago (2003), we almost bought a Kangoo(?), but the Skoda main-dealer offered us a good deal on a new Fabia estate
As much as I liked the Fabia, & its quirky colour, I wondered what it would have been like to own a Kangoo

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Many years ago (2003), we almost bought a Kangoo(?), but the Skoda main-dealer offered us a good deal on a new Fabia estate
As much as I liked the Fabia, & its quirky colour, I wondered what it would have been like to own a Kangoo
Being van derived in both cases (Doblo and Kangoo) I assume...I find it very upright the seats, you sit high. With the armrests it's a very roomy and a relaxed drive, like slouching upright. I love it, its quirky...if fugly.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I drove a Honda Acty van for a Honda dealer as a summer job.

Great fun, you could overtake lines of traffic almost like a bicycle, and pull strokes such as using wheelchair ramps in car parks.

The garage fitted a folding rear seat, so the Acty could be used by their five-a-side football team.

I drove a Honda Acty van for a Honda dealer as a summer job.

Great fun, you could overtake lines of traffic almost like a bicycle, and pull strokes such as using wheelchair ramps in car parks.

The garage fitted a folding rear seat, so the Acty could be used by their five-a-side football team.
I used to have a Bedford Rascal

Damned scary things though on wet roundabouts, or on m-way, with trucks overtaking

It was useful for bike-transport/mobile changing room

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Following my son and one of his mates lowering his car, my son decided to go the whole hog with coil overs. Well his mate has been back today with a full set of coil overs for his car so they have been fitting them today.

We've noticed a problem with one of my son's locking wheel nuts - the garage had fitted it on too tight when he had a new tyre about 12 months ago. We can't get it off. He's even been back to the garage and they can't remove it. There is an engineering place next door who will drill it out for about £60.

Just googled and found a guy had positioned his car near the house wall and used a sissor jack to hold the breaker bar and locknut key tight to the locknut (the key wobbles about - even a brand new one). We'll give that a go tomorrow, as well as heating the hub with the blow torch. We'll stick a big pipe on the end of the breaker bar.

Top Bottom