Car insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Hi all,

Bit of advice please. I had a scrape with a works van in November, no witnessed stopped, so no proof from either party. I claim he merged into me, and he claims I merged into him.

I've only just got an email from Tesco insurance to say other party is disputing. So I'm expecting 50/50.

My question is, my insurance is up for renewal 27th of this month and there's no way this will get resolved by then. Can I still switch companies, and if so do I put on the quote that I've had a claim and therefore 0 years no claims? Or would it be better to let my current policy auto renew?

Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Do your quotes anyway with accident declared. Might be similar price. Do you have protected no claims ?

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Ok thanks. No protected no claims. Haven't made a claim in 25 years of driving, but due to owning bikes instead of cars I've only lost 4 years no claims, so could be worse I suppose

Jody

Stubborn git
Your new insurer will know even if you don't tell them so it's better to be upfront when obtaining a new quote. I'd rather do that than have insurance invalidated when you need it most.

At the moment you have full no claims but will have to put the accident date and that it's pending outcome.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Well my renewal from Tesco who I was with before, was 387. Up £100 since last year due to my claim. I did a comparison just to make sure, and cheapest that came up on compare sites was £489. So looks like I'll just let it auto renew. I'm assuming Tesco's renewal quite takes into account my ongoing claim

Top Bottom