Car is dead, so back to cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3183928, member: 45"]I think I'll step out of this now. Aside from gras coming in to tell you that's not a handbrake turn, you're playing on the roads. Car parks are one thing, but that kind of driving on public roads is a step too far as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Many of matts cycling videos showed him to be a pretty poor cyclist always ready to jump on any error or minor misdemenour by motorists, yet his diving videos show him playing dangerously on the public road.

A complete f@@@wit!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think it does. Having a cheap car which you know will be scrapped soon, means you are more likely to drive it without care. A brand new car which will need to last you quite a few years, will be more looked after.

I feel the time has come for this...

the point.jpg

GC

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bored? With driving from A to B?
A trip in a car is not supposed to be exciting! Why are you worrying about whether or not your mates are 'bored' when you are driving?
I have a nasty feeling that if you are trying not to 'bore' your friends and driving in a 'non boring' manner that some other poor road user is going to be killed by you before very long.
I, for one, am very glad that I am the other side of the country.
It's a rather small country, at that. Good luck.

akb

Veteran
Dear oh dear! You have been driving for what, a year, maybe less? You are by no means an experienced driver. And taking advice from your friends, who dont drive? Give over. If you are on a mission to wind the people of CC up (who have helped you with a lot of cycling situations over the years) then you are most certainly are on your way of succeeding. Get some respect for yourself. The Highway Code. Other Road Users. And you parents. Grow up and dont drive like a nob on public roads. Practice what you so desperately preached on here when you cycled everywhere.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Something which will probably change my attitude towards driving.
Prison cells are full of people who intended to change their ways, but left it too late. Carry on driving like a nobber and you WILL have a serious accident, it's just a matter of time.
Losing your licence will be the least of your worries when you meet your very affectionate cell mate who decides that you are going to be his b*tch :eek:.

Last edited:

akb

Veteran
[QUOTE 3184299, member: 45"]I think the point has been made now. Let's not multiply the response because there are many who feel the same way.[/QUOTE]

So thread should be deleted. I can't see how this thread is going to go away from the fact that the OP is a silly little boy with a driving license.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Matt you are driving like an idiot. Not surprised your clutch has shattered, how do you shatter a clutch ?

You are driving a killing machine, and must take care when driving. One of your crappy little Fiats smashed my shoulder up in 2008 as it was driven badly. Unfortunately for the car, it came of worse than my MTB as that took out the wing mirror and put some big dents into the wing and bonnet. Shame it meant 4 years of agony for me and stress on my family.

Don't prat about in cars.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Matt, your driving isn't skill, it's luck. That runs out. Doesn't matter is its a £50 car or a £50,000 one, both can kill people. You should bloody well know having ridden a bike once.

Don't try and defend the driving. If you are going to put up a video sliding all over a main road due to poor control, hand braking on sharp bends, wheels spinning and not being in full control, then this does show you aren't mature enough to own a machine that can easily kill.

GrasB

Veteran
Look at this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWcidVYrls

I do a perfect 180 in both the wet and the dry.

I see a total moron with complete disregard for public roads demonstrating 0 driving skills doing trail brake spins in totally the wrong place!

There is a time & place for messing around in a car & the public road no matter how quiet is NOT. Messing about like that is reserved for off-road locations such as disused airfields or skid pans.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 3184299, member: 45"]I think the point has been made now. Let's not multiply the response because there are many who feel the same way.[/QUOTE]
You seem to have a different opinion in THIS thread.

Reactions: akb

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Yet another idiot boy racer on the roads who doesn't seem to think he is doing anything wrong. Grow up you clown.

Top Bottom