Car is dead, so back to cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3185360, member: 45"]I stick up for you Matthew. Please don't spoil it.[/QUOTE]

Surely he already has done?

Hip Priest

Veteran
[QUOTE 3185630, member: 30090"]...add to this the legend of carrying a copy of the HC to teach some bus drivers the error of their ways. Maybe he needs to read the HC again?[/QUOTE]

Indeed! I'd love for the 'wrap that bike up your nose' bloke or those bus drivers to see this video.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 3184828, member: 45"]The DJ? He's a grown up. Matthew is a teenager who has got the message, and is bothered.[/QUOTE]
Matthew appears to have responded to this on my behalf.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Oh sorry, is this thread still going? My only purpose on CC is to light the fuse. :evil::dance::popcorn:
For what it's worth, IMHO, because of this quote, if indeed he himself did actually type it, I'm not 100% convinced that Matthew is not being manipulated to 'perform' on a misguided belief of being part of 'the gang' .
His post history shows a very black/white, right/wrong attitude to life. Although misguided at times, he's always written what he's thinking while still showing a certain respect to others, which again in it's self has caused him some problems.
Yes, the video and his current attitude are real, and they both stink, but, Logical thought and communication are areas Matthew will have real problems digesting and filtering and therefore will be incredibly easily influenced or 'groomed' if you like. Just in a similar way some people are drawn to and 'choose' to blindly follow a particular cult.
If I were his parents, I would be extremely worried by recent events and attitude, and I think all we as road users can do is pray we don't meet this lad and his oik pals on our daily travels.
Best scenario after him coming to his senses is, his licence is revoked before anything more serious happens.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Like everyone else I'm disappointed with these videos after your preaching for so long about bad driving.:headshake:

They were not asking me to slow down. They were asking me to explain how I know I can go that fast. The road was one way, the official entrance was shut, so the only way onto the road is from the hill above. It is a national speed limit road (which I definately didnt even get near to, I was doing 40mph max), and it is one way.

I will only take risks when it is safe to do so and there is noone around.

I have asked my friends if I am a bad driver, and they have said that I can be a little silly at times, but I have more skill than anyone they know. I dont really know what type of skill that is, because there are many more people who can handle a car better than me, and I havent even been driving that long. However my friends feel that I am an okay driver, as why would they get in the car if they thought I was dangerous?

My mates actually once asked me to drive like I do with my family in the car, and straight away they got bored. I can drive sensibly (because I have to), however when anyone gets their first car, they just want to have fun in it.

I dont use a mobile phone whilst driving, even for texts I have pulled over to read them. I dont eat or drink whilst driving. I control my passengers well and make sure they dont distract me. And 9/10 miles I drive as a sensible person. Its just these odd little things which I do which annoy people.
For what it's worth, the driver of this thought he was exceptionally skilled too.;):

DSC02243.JPG

For what it's worth, IMHO, because of this quote, if indeed he himself did actually type it, I'm not 100% convinced that Matthew is not being manipulated to 'perform' on a misguided belief of being part of 'the gang' .
His post history shows a very black/white, right/wrong attitude to life. Although misguided at times, he's always written what he's thinking while still showing a certain respect to others, which again in it's self has caused him some problems.
Yes, the video and his current attitude are real, and they both stink, but, Logical thought and communication are areas Matthew will have real problems digesting and filtering and therefore will be incredibly easily influenced or 'groomed' if you like. Just in a similar way some people are drawn to and 'choose' to blindly follow a particular cult.
If I were his parents, I would be extremely worried by recent events and attitude, and I think all we as road users can do is pray we don't meet this lad and his oik pals on our daily travels.
Best scenario after him coming to his senses is, his licence is revoked before anything more serious happens.

I don't think his attitude is that new, anyone remember the unlicensed motorbike vid and his denials of what he'd filmed and posted himself?

I was always of the opinion that Matthew is a silly little boy, unfortunately he now seems to be a dangerous silly little boy.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
I don't think his attitude is that new, anyone remember the unlicensed motorbike vid and his denials of what he'd filmed and posted himself?

I was always of the opinion that Matthew is a silly little boy, unfortunately he now seems to be a dangerous silly little boy.
You could well be right. I just don't think it's that simple. But as it seems he's not going to contribute any further to this thread, I guess there is nothing left to say really.

GrasB

Veteran
I've never done a handbrake turn or ever found myself needing to practice doing it. Are there any situations where it's necessary on a public road?
Normal road driving no. Abnormal road driving? Maybe. Eg. some pilock decided to pull out with far less space than needed to safely stop & then stall the car, under that condition it's part of one possible way to get out of the situation without a collision.

I do use a slight handbrake to get the 'cento about 45-50 degrees before reversing into a particular parking space. I've also used it to give me a little more angle & cut off a car park nose diver behind.

GrasB

Veteran
There's a difference between twitching the rear wheels about 2-3" sideways at 2 mph & trying to be a rally driver on public roads at speed. The former I have no problem with at all, the latter is a different matter

Top Bottom