Car is dead, so back to cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
@Matthew_T, Having been a victim of a dangerous driver in the last few days and then watching your videos, I am asking you directly to please stop driving so dangerously.

There is absolutely no mitigation or excuse for the driving you are exhbiting, its dangerous and its very likely that you will kill or injure someone.

For information, I am currently at home unable to go to work or even take my dog for a walk becoause of someone like you, a dangerous driver. I can't stop thinking about those few seconds when I realised the car was going to hit me, I remember feeling it hit me, me hitting the ground., the terror of thinking the dangerous driver was going to kill me.
I've hardly slept since. The crash is constantly playing in my mind that and the pain is keeping me awake

Please, please stop driving so dangerously. Before you kill or injure someone.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I dont drive dangerously around cyclists. That is something I will never do. I always hang well back, and if I see an opportunity to overtake, I go on the wrong side of the road and give a very wide berth.

I have got all this dodgy driving thing out of my system now anyway. My friends said that there was no requirement for me to be a knob all the time, so I have calmed down a lot.
Its pretty much the same thing that happened with my cycling. I used to be a very aggressive cyclists, shouting at other drivers, and I wasnt very well skilled at actually cycling myself. However, I have come to learn that everyone makes mistakes and I no longer shout at drivers.
The same has happened with my driving. I used to be an aggressive driver, constantly on the horn, locking up my wheels under braking. However, i have come to learn that doing those kind of things could cause a serious collision.

When I get my new car tonight, I will mainly be driving my family around. I will also be getting used to the feel of the car, therefore will not be doing silly things in it.

I know not a lot of people on here like me. And TBH, I dont really care. Its your opinion and I wont stop you from having it. However, I will ignore it if it is seen to be hurtful or otherwise. I like my personality, my friends like my personality. Everyone has their good and bad traits. Unfortunately, I seem to have mainly bad traits. I like me and I wont change for anybody. Yes I am still young and inexperienced, so why not take that opportunity to teach me things in a civil manner? Instead of constantly berating me.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
@Matthew_T surprisingly you liked my post :scratch: Are you really sure you read and understood what I was trying to say? Oh, and it doesn't excuse your behaviour by the way. Your life, your path ............you choose.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
[QUOTE 3186065, member: 45"]What car are you getting?[/QUOTE]
Not sure yet. But By the looks of what it going through the auction tonight, it will probably be a Peugeot 307 or 207.

PK99

Legendary Member
My insurance company told me to change my policy online when I become the owner. However the renew prices in November are all around the £700-£800 mark.

That's pretty cheap for a young driver, who is it with/

Matthew, we're all just people on the internet. Please can you find a respected member of your family who has many years driving experience and show them your videos. Then heed their response.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
maybe someone should show your youtube driving videos to general acccident and then see how much your insurance goes up. your a menace and should be banned from the road for life, before you seriously hurt somebody

Top Bottom