Car is dead, so back to cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
If I am not mistaken, that handbrake turn is on Prestatyn Hill ? I.e its bloody steep, and you had just come off the 25% section.

Its still stupid steep on the hairpin, the video won't do it justice. It is a hill to kill yourself on riding a bike, but not by a motorist.
I wasnt on that hill. this bend was near denbigh.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Bloody hell this thread is popular. Last time I check it was only 2 pages long now its 11.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'm still amazed you got such cheap insurance - were you named as main driver, or were you named driver with parent as main driver?
My daughter could get nothing near your price!
I wasn't going to say anything but I was wondering this too. I was paying the same amount for my insurance at age 18....... back in 1991.:wacko:

400bhp

Guru
I'm still amazed you got such cheap insurance - were you named as main driver, or were you named driver with parent as main driver?

I know where my money is.

Why, as a parent would you do this. There's a very very good reason insurance for teenage drivers is expensive.

PK99

Legendary Member
I know where my money is.

Why, as a parent would you do this. There's a very very good reason insurance for teenage drivers is expensive.

I wonder what the insurance fraud reporting line would make of this?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
All I can say, Matthew, is it's called off road driving for a reason. And that reason is it's meant for when you're off road. Shall I repeat that bit? Off road.

Crankarm

Guru
I dont drive dangerously around cyclists. That is something I will never do. I always hang well back, and if I see an opportunity to overtake, I go on the wrong side of the road and give a very wide berth.

I have got all this dodgy driving thing out of my system now anyway. My friends said that there was no requirement for me to be a knob all the time, so I have calmed down a lot.
Its pretty much the same thing that happened with my cycling. I used to be a very aggressive cyclists, shouting at other drivers, and I wasnt very well skilled at actually cycling myself. However, I have come to learn that everyone makes mistakes and I no longer shout at drivers.
The same has happened with my driving. I used to be an aggressive driver, constantly on the horn, locking up my wheels under braking. However, i have come to learn that doing those kind of things could cause a serious collision.

When I get my new car tonight, I will mainly be driving my family around. I will also be getting used to the feel of the car, therefore will not be doing silly things in it.

I know not a lot of people on here like me. And TBH, I dont really care. Its your opinion and I wont stop you from having it. However, I will ignore it if it is seen to be hurtful or otherwise. I like my personality, my friends like my personality. Everyone has their good and bad traits. Unfortunately, I seem to have mainly bad traits. I like me and I wont change for anybody. Yes I am still young and inexperienced, so why not take that opportunity to teach me things in a civil manner? Instead of constantly berating me.

It's not a question of making mistakes, inexperience or being liked or disliked, it's about you driving in an irresponsible and dangerous manner. As has been asked by @Sara_H, do yourself a favour, stop driving so dangerously and grow up. It's stupidity like this that will get some one killed and unfortunately when things do go wrong which does happen when people do stupid things, you the driver 99.9% of the time manages to survive but others you collide with are not so lucky, those you hit and passenger's lives are changed for ever. How would you feel having to live the rest of the your life knowing you behaved like a prick which resulted in some one dying or irreparably damaging some one's life so they are in a PVS or only have movement from the neck up and limited cognitive function, eh?

I have been knocked down several times and the drivers have all been male and young and all driving too fast in chav cars just like yours. The hit and run I assume was male all though I don't know as they never stopped. You must have a skin 1m thick if you can come on here and post such footage of you driving like a dangerous prat on public roads with little regard for road safety of those around you and your passengers. You really are a special type of hypocrite having posted all those head cam videos showing drivers you felt were driving dangerously and then you post and boast about your own dangerous driving. What a muppet.

I used to think you were ok Matt_T, a bit odd, however I tried to stick up for you in threads past, but that was when you were cycling. However posting and boasting of your recent idiotic driving on public roads I cannot condone this. It makes me think you are just an arrogant and dangerous idiot. On a bike you are hopefully not going to cause too much harm except to yourself, but in a car you stand a good chance of killing some one. When something does happen which it likely will if you continue driving like a twat on public roads, you will wish you could do any thing, give anything, to go back to the moments before you did your twatish thing to make things how they were before your selfish idiocy so others aren't dead or seriously injured, families including yours aren't torn apart, but of course you can't. There are enough dangerous idiots driving on the roads killing and maiming others without you adding to the death toll. FFS grow up!

I wonder what your local police force would think about your standard of driving?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Nope. Everything was genuine. It was my policy and I was the main driver. I just had my dad as a named driver. I am fully comp too.

Top Bottom