Car tyres slashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If they have been slashed they would go down immediately, I seriously doubt you could have driven 4 miles with them slashed and not known
I know,i just wanted to hear it from someone else. I'm having paranoid thoughts that i've been targeted. Surely they wouldn't target my car as it's only a 14 year old small Suzuki, so nothing flash that creates jealousy.

Last edited:
I would remove the Accrington Stanley sticker to reduce the risk in future if you think it was (nob eds) fans from the opposing team,

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I would remove the Accrington Stanley sticker to reduce the risk in future if you think it was (nob eds) fans from the opposing team,
Where i parked up is about a 10 minute walk from the ground and in a 'nice area'. The Burton fans wouldn't need to go near that area. The sticker only says 'Accrington Stanley Redvolution and it's only about 5 inches long and 2 wide. The bloke who i was with and who's house i parked outside said there's never anything like this happened around there before in the 12 years he's lived there, to his knowledge.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I once parked ten minutes walk from Bloomfield Road in an ordinary street with nothing on my car to suggest I'm a Rovers fan. The number plate did say the car was purchased from a Blackburn garage. Came back after the game to find acid/paint stripper had been poured on to the roof and run down the passenger side.

Football related or not, I don't know, it's still mindless vandalism.

Tommy2

Über Member
Maybe ask the football ground to see if they’ve had any other reports of slashed tyres that day, at least that might ease your mind about being speciffically targeted.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I once parked ten minutes walk from Bloomfield Road in an ordinary street with nothing on my car to suggest I'm a Rovers fan. The number plate did say the car was purchased from a Blackburn garage. Came back after the game to find acid/paint stripper had been poured on to the roof and run down the passenger side.

Football related or not, I don't know, it's still mindless vandalism.
I haven't driven to an away game for years but i remember the bad old days of football hooliganism when cars were attacked when those responsible looked at the car's tax disc to identify where it'd been taxed which usually indicted where the owner came from. I've seen cars with smashed windows,slashed tyres even cars that've been set on fire,but i don't think my case was football related. I certainly won't be parking in that 'nice area' again. Even though they say lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place i won't be chancing it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Maybe ask the football ground to see if they’ve had any other reports of slashed tyres that day, at least that might ease your mind about being speciffically targeted.
I think i'll phone the police tomorrow to ask if there were any other reports of such incidents that day. If there were i'll feel a bit better knowing it wasn't a targeted attack. The funny thing is i usually check my tyres before setting off to make sure i don't have a flat or someone has let them down for 'fun'. Its just an old habit i have. Yesterday i didn't check them before setting off.

Nibor

Bewildered
Could be someone peed off with footy fans taking all the parking in their road. The same thing happened near Manchester airport with people dumping their cars there and going on their holiday. There is a lot of bad blood over parking

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Could be someone peed off with footy fans taking all the parking in their road. The same thing happened near Manchester airport with people dumping their cars there and going on their holiday. There is a lot of bad blood over parking
I'd parked outside a friend's house who went to the match with me. He gets on with his neighbours,so it won't be them. The road's fairly car free as well,with it being a mainly retired/pensioner area. I'd say every time i've been there there's been about 2 cars for about 10-15 houses.

AndyRM

XOXO

This is very, very true. Our neighbours took the hump with us for months as they'd been parking in front of our back gate using the previous owner of the houses "visitors permit" pass. When we asked for the pass, and use of the space back they were not pleased.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If it is 'disgruntled neighbours' which i doubt,then they deserve a good slap! Yes write an anonymous note,even let the tyres down but to slash tyres,well that's bad! This was criminal damage not a grumpy 'get my message' gesture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom