Car tyres slashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

You live such an exciting life, how do you cope? i'm sure I've said it before, you have more 'incidents' in a week than I have in a year

Drago

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, there are dozens of suspects, ranging from your old neighbour Dirty Gerty from the neighbouring flat, through to the owner of a dog...more suspects than "Who Shot Monty Burns"!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been thinking this over while out riding this aft'. I'm thinking along the lines of it being residents of the road,(as some have already suggested o this thread) who've done it. Yes,i can see them now, watching,curtain twitching and just waiting for someone like me to come along so they can shout " They're nicking all our parking places ffs"! Even though there are far more parking places than bungalows as they all have drives. Yet surely one wouldn't go out in broad daylight and knife some tyres,not with all those CCTV cameras they have on that road. Maybe when i've reported it to the police i'll hear back from them that they've caught the culprit and he lives on that road. I live in hope!

D

Deleted member 26715

But seriously DO NOT USE part worns, remoulds would have been better

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
But seriously DO NOT USE part worns, remoulds would have been better
I mentioned this to the local petrol head down the pub last night. He asked what kind of speed do i go at when driving. I told him that whatever the speed limit is i tend to go 5 to 10 MPH slower than it. He said i should be ok on 'cheaper' tyres.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I love my life and my family far too much to buy anything other than top drawer tyres or brakes.

I'm happy to skimp on cooking ingredients, condoms and will even buy my Y fronts from the Sally Army if they're not too stained, but buy anything other than top drawer brakes and tyres...? Never!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Right,after over three days of detective work i've come to the conclusion who the culprit is. I keep thinking that no one would have the audacity to just knife a car's tyres in broad daylight,especially when there are visible home security cameras pointing in the direction of the car. Also why would my 14 year old non entity car be targeted? As i said before,it's not a car that you'd get jealous over. Maybe the attack was aimed at me and not the car i thought. Then i thought about who around there would have a grudge against me. No one knows me around there,so no one has a grudge against me apart from possibly the the wife of the friend i went to the match with. She came out the house as my friend was changing one of the flat tyres for me. She had a terrible attitude. She shouted/asked her husband what he was doing. He replied that he was changing my tyre so i could make it to the tyre place to get replacements. She shouted back words to the affect of "Let him change his own tyre,you have jobs to do here" etc etc. I thought at the time that she wasn't helping a bad situation with her attitude,bordering on being totally unsympathetic and quite nasty. Then i got to thinking who apart from my friend knows that his security cameras don't focus on the pavement and road,just his drive. This supposed random nutter out to randomly slash tyres wouldn't know that. No,only two know it. My friend and his wife! yes folks,i've come to the conclusion that my friend's wife has slashed my tyres! He's told me before to phone me and not knock on their door as 'she doesn't like his friends calling round' I once asked him when i went to the match on my bike if i could leave it in his house. He replied saying 'You'd better not as she might do something to it'. I kind of thought he was joking,but it made me think. What can i do or say? I can't put my thoughts to him as it'd most likely end our friendship.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Just move on, maintain your friendship with him, avoid her (although it sounds pretty unlikely that his wife would commit mindless vandalism)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just move on, maintain your friendship with him, avoid her (although it sounds pretty unlikely that his wife would commit mindless vandalism)
I don't intend putting it to him that it was his wife,but don't you agree that it's possible(even slightly) it could've been her? I put the 'who knows where the camera is pointing' theory to another friend last night. He said he also thinks she's a likely suspect as 'why would anyone knife tyres thinking cameras were pointing at them and why target a 14 year old car unless it was personal'?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't intend putting it to him that it was his wife,but don't you agree that it's possible(even slightly) it could've been her?
I have no idea, I only have your thoughts, don't know the area, don't know the individuals involved etc. You have no proof ultimately, hence my suggestion to just let it go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom