Car tyres slashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
A neighbour told me today that her son's garage was robbed the other night and two bikes worth 5 grand were stolen. They broke in through the window and actually took the heavy workbench both bikes were chained to,as they couldn't break the locks. He's only had the E-Bike for a few weeks. He's insured but only for a grand and then he'll have to pay 200 quid excess. I know it might sound bad but someone losing something like that makes me think my tyre loss wasn't that important.
Unfortunately, when he tells his insurers he was woefully under insured, he may well actually get nothing. Unless the other bike is a grand or less to replace and he doesn't claim for the e bike.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, when he tells his insurers he was woefully under insured, he may well actually get nothing. Unless the other bike is a grand or less to replace and he doesn't claim for the e bike.
He'd only just bought the E-bike according to his mum. He lives in a 'nice area' so he probably thought insurance wasn't necessary,but then my tyres were slashed in a 'nice area'. I think the insurance payout he'll get comes under the general household insurance,not specifically for his bikes.

He'd only just bought the E-bike according to his mum. He lives in a 'nice area' so he probably thought insurance wasn't necessary,but then my tyres were slashed in a 'nice area'. I think the insurance payout he'll get comes under the general household insurance,not specifically for his bikes.

Only if he has declared them at such a value, and declared that they were kept in the garage.

Salar

A fish out of water
Volume One of Accy's book goes for proof reading. (Sorry Accy, I'll get my coat) :smile:

book.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
They usually only cover a bike up to a certain level under general policy. Any bike values above would need to be named

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They usually only cover a bike up to a certain level under general policy. Any bike values above would need to be named
And then he'd have to pay more insurance to cover the E-bike. As in many cases,people want the payout for loss and damage but also want to pay just the minimum amount which doesn't get you a new bike etc.

Then were back at the 'I want insurance but don't want to pay for it'. Mind you,i think we're all a bit like that.

Not particularly, the amounts are negligible in comparison to the loss you incur if your not insured. If your going to insure something, just pay the small amount extra to ensure your fully covered.

gavgav

Guru
Where i parked up is about a 10 minute walk from the ground and in a 'nice area'. The Burton fans wouldn't need to go near that area. The sticker only says 'Accrington Stanley Redvolution and it's only about 5 inches long and 2 wide. The bloke who i was with and who's house i parked outside said there's never anything like this happened around there before in the 12 years he's lived there, to his knowledge.
I seriously cannot imagine Burton Albion have fans of that nature?! They are a small club with what have always seemed a really friendly bunch of fans

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I seriously cannot imagine Burton Albion have fans of that nature?! They are a small club with what have always seemed a really friendly bunch of fans
I was a steward at Accy. About 13 years ago we played them in the old conference league. They brought some right nutters up and we had to throw out about 30 of them. But i don't think it was their fans responsible for my knifed tyres. Like i said earlier,their fans would not have the need to venture where i parked my car.

gavgav

Guru
I was a steward at Accy. About 13 years ago we played them in the old conference league. They brought some right nutters up and we had to throw out about 30 of them. But i don't think it was their fans responsible for my knifed tyres. Like i said earlier,their fans would not have the need to venture where i parked my car.
I suppose every club has a minority somewhere that surface now and again at big games?!

gavgav

Guru
Mmm, i think i might be getting closer to the identities of those who vandalised my car. https://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/sport/campaign-residents-only-parking-around-15009276
It seems not only are they moaning about something that was there before most of them were,but they've even formed their own terrorist wing!:dry:
It’s all these glory hunters coming out now that you are pushing for promotion to the Championship!! ^_^ Do go easy on us on Saturday, we need some points quickly!

MountainSide

I always use the car-parks near a football ground regardless of cost. Heard too many stories of local kids who go around demanding "tenner to look after your car sir" and any that hasn't paid gets vandalised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom