Car tyres slashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
About 15 or so years ago i was at my front window looking out,when a young mother walked by followed by her young child. The child who was aged about 4 walked up my path,saw some pansies and decided to pick a few. I wasn't having it,so i went outside to remonstrate with the mother. I told her what her child had done. She shouted back "F..k.ng tell her to stop not me. It's her who's picked your f..k.ng flowers not me"! I often wonder how that child grew up with such a mother.

Not a nice response from the mother - but you seriously had a problem with a 4 year old picking flowers? Jeez!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not a nice response from the mother - but you seriously had a problem with a 4 year old picking flowers? Jeez!
Yes i did! Those flowers weren't meant to be picked. How about if i come into your house and help myself to a few belongings. You can dress it up as the bully picking on the little girl for just picking a few flowers,but i suppose that's how you see these things. I see them differently.

AndyRM

XOXO
Ah, so I guess you're banking on pansies being a valuable commodity in a post apocalyptic landscape? Bold prediction, though not entirely without precedent as we saw in Waterworld.

Yes i did! Those flowers weren't meant to be picked. How about if i come into your house and help myself to a few belongings. You can dress it up as the bully picking on the little girl for just picking a few flowers,but i suppose that's how you see these things. I see them differently.

Well, although you act it sometimes, your not in fact 4 years old!

A grown man (i use that term loosely) coming to take belongings from my house is very different to a 4 year old child picking flowers from a garden! :rolleyes:

postman

Legendary Member
Now i'm with Accy on this one.Many years ago before i realized conifers are shite,we planted a full hedge and another break over on our land.Well one night as i am putting the kids to bed,free yoofs, teenagers were pulling them out and chucking them in the road,well they were not fast enough,i was out and collared them all.i gave them a right verbal bollocking,during this i noticed the younger of the three had a knife in his trouser band.So i caught him ,just then my missus a policewoman came home.She took him to Weetwood nick,his parents were called and informed about his activities and his knife.That sheet parent wanted me charged for stopping her little angel boy from enjoying himself.The little sheet i should have kicked his arse,so what about the mother not concerned about her young son walking the streets with a knife.There are boundaries and kids of all ages should be taught them.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well, although you act it sometimes, your not in fact 4 years old!

A grown man (i use that term loosely) coming to take belongings from my house is very different to a 4 year old child picking flowers from a garden! :rolleyes:
The theft was down to the mother not the child. My point was the mother should've been supervising the child,which she clearly wasn't. Then when i pointed out to her that her child was doing something wrong she passed the blame onto the child instead of accepting responsibility herself. I hope this is clear enough for you to take in/understand.

Now i'm with Accy on this one.Many years ago before i realized conifers are shite,we planted a full hedge and another break over on our land.Well one night as i am putting the kids to bed,free yoofs, teenagers were pulling them out and chucking them in the road,well they were not fast enough,i was out and collared them all.i gave them a right verbal bollocking,during this i noticed the younger of the three had a knife in his trouser band.So i caught him ,just then my missus a policewoman came home.She took him to Weetwood nick,his parents were called and informed about his activities and his knife.That sheet parent wanted me charged for stopping her little angel boy from enjoying himself.The little sheet i should have kicked his arse,so what about the mother not concerned about her young son walking the streets with a knife.There are boundaries and kids of all ages should be taught them.

I agree with you, when its teenagers and its destructive....but this was a 4 year old child, innocently picking flowers!

AndyRM

XOXO

Yeah, because armed "yoofs" are totally comparable to 4 year old children.

The theft was down to the mother not the child. My point was the mother should've been supervising the child,which she clearly wasn't. Then when i pointed out to her that her child was doing something wrong she passed the blame onto the child instead of accepting responsibility herself. I hope this is clear enough for you to take in/understand.

Oh i understand it clearly - i just think you need to get a grip!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

You'll have the "You're a bully" brigade on your back now Postie. Don't you know they were just kids 'avin a bit of fun'.:rolleyes:
That's what one youth said to me years ago when i caught him and his mate lifting a bench from the cemetery to chuck over the wall.:ohmy: I couldn't be bothered to call for the police and i was in pretty good physical shape then so i just belted the gobshite.:boxing:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I agree with you, when its teenagers and its destructive....but this was a 4 year old child, innocently picking flowers!
Which bit of "I'm blaming the mother,not the child" are you failing to understand? I'm trying to point out that the mother should've told the child that it was wrong to pick flowers from someone's garden,but instead she (mother not child) didn't give a toss.

postman

Legendary Member
Ok i'll tell you a story of a recent event,where the Police were called on me.We had returned from holiday,to find the garden as dry as a bone,flowers knackered grass brown.So out with the hosepipe.As i'm watering the garden three twelve year old lads come running around the street,we have a little wood/copse thing in front of us.So as bold as brass one of them in front of me,ignores the gate ignores the fence and runs up the side of my garden.Running over the land i had dug over weeks before a 52 foot trench back filled with compost and broken up soil.I shouted BLOODY WELL get back and go down the road.Off they went.Ten mins later they are back with a scruffy looking women,who starts on me with a really high pitched irritating voice,i let her go on and she did on and on.I asked her if she was an idiot,and these lads had been informed that this was my garden many times.So know my missus who had been watching all this came down and asked me to go inside,she could see the vfuse was lit women or no womem she was off her head and out of order.W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom