Car windscreen condensation cures.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Toothpaste. Apply. Buff. Job done.
Well that's an answer I would never have expected :okay:

screenman

Legendary Member
When does it mist up, stop looking for poor fixes and find the problem, this is a killing machine we are talking about. Makes me fume you guys that will be putting down motorist at every oppoertunity yet do not maintain yours own cars, the guy the other day who had advisories one year and scrapped the car ayear later when it failed on those advisories.

screenman

Legendary Member
Cat litter tray on the back seat (remove the cat poo first) :whistle:

You do realise that a car is not a sealed container, mind you if you do manage to dry out the atmosphere with the litter tray it may make cycling a bit nicer.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I would add to what skolly said - clean windows on the inside. Just wipe with a slightly damp microfibre cloth. Having kids used to drive me mad - told them don't touch the windows - sticky fingers make a mess as well.

screenman

Legendary Member
It's apprently good for yellowed plastic headlamps. I just auto glym and t-cut my 18 year old plastic lamps every few months.

Do you believe everything you read on the net, the protective coating is on the lights to protect the polycarbonate, when it breaks down it requires stripping and recoating.

screenman

Legendary Member
I would add to what skolly said - clean windows on the inside. Just wipe with a slightly damp microfibre cloth. Having kids used to drive me mad - told them don't touch the windows - sticky fingers make a mess as well.

Bang on correct, I use deionized water and a cut up old towel rather than a micro fibre, unless you get a good one they leave bits behind and build up static.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
When does it mist up, stop looking for poor fixes and find the problem, this is a killing machine we are talking about. Makes me fume you guys that will be putting down motorist at every oppoertunity yet do not maintain yours own cars, the guy the other day who had advisories one year and scrapped the car ayear later when it failed on those advisories.

As I mentioned its overnight in certain conditions. Its fine while driving as I know how to use the ac system. I just want to avoid overnight condensation that occurs from time to time in the winter months.

Top Bottom