Car windscreen condensation cures.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Octavia does at times
'11'plate, & a/c hasn't been regassed

It's not got any leaks - that I know of/can smell

Why not try sticking one of those Poundland Damp Traps under the Seat ?

I use something similar from B&M, like stock photo
It lives in the load-space, in my 'emergency equipment' box
I change it, either when the car fogs up again, or the crystals lump together

moisture-trap.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
The air in the car is changing all the time, for those to work you need the thing they are trying to dry sealed up. If you mean smell from aircon leak you would not notice it at all.

Cavalol

Guru
Oddly enough, my newly acquired Corsa D steams up inside. Haven't read all the thread yet (sorry!) but a bag of rice inside a sock works wonders.

*Edit: as in a bag of rice emptied into a sock.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Best I can manage is to keep the screen clean (in principal) and park facing the morning sun with both windows cracked, then bang on the heater when I use the car.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Another vote for Ford's Quickclear windscreen.

It's almost worth choosing a Ford just to get one.

The patent situation is interesting.

There's no patent on heated rear screens, and a Google suggests Ford's patent on windscreens expired a few years ago.

Heated windscreens are, apparently, available on Minis, Range Rovers, and some VW Group cars.

I've had heated screens in Fords, Range Rovers and my wife's Skoda (although unfortunately not mine). They are even available (aftermarket, obviously) for Series Land Rovers. I think a HFW is a huge safety and convenience item and it is high up my list of nice-to-have when buying a car.

I have got into a Range Rover with thin ice on the outside of the screen and condensation within, switched on the HFW and been ready to go in 30 seconds. Even the Ford wasn't that quick.

I'd rather have HFW and A/C than any amount of 'premium' audio and built-in satnav.

tyred

Legendary Member
Nah, thats so he always had something handy to repair the holes in the sills.
Years ago a neighbour bought an elderly Toyota Starlet and found an empty Isopon tin in the spare wheel well. It was too hard to work out where it had been used...

Top Bottom