Car windscreen condensation cures.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
As I mentioned its overnight in certain conditions. Its fine while driving as I know how to use the ac system. I just want to avoid overnight condensation that occurs from time to time in the winter months.

Go out to the car a few minutes earlier and let it warm up properly.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If your radiator is losing coolant you have a leaking heater matrix. Test for that by warming the engine on tickover with the fan off, on a cold damp day. Once the engine is warm turn on the fan and watch for steam coming out of the vents and steaming up the glass.

And clean that grey plasticiser film off the glass as it attracts moisture.

DRM

Guru
As others have said, assuming there are no leaks into the vehicle, recirculated air off, air con on, always, make sure the side vents are actually blowing air onto the door windows and you are set to go, and see where you’re going, it amazes me how many people ride round with the door windows steamed up, also petrol engined vehicles warm up remarkably quicker then diesels, I also use Aldi’s finest spray on window cleaner for getting smears off the glass, it’s peanuts to buy and cleans the glass really well

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think it could be a bit of both.

“That’s me away.” 😂

View: https://youtu.be/u5xrGW_jlYg?t=34

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
If a car is used infrequently, setting the air control to recirc when parked may prevent the car "breathing" in damp air as it heats in the day and cools at night. However some recirc flaps open as soon as the engine is switched off.

Dehumidifier crystals work but are a faff.

Nibor

Bewildered
2002 Corolla. Its OK when warmed up and I run the a to dry the air. Its overnight in certain conditions it condenses up. Its only now and then but I could do without it in the morning.
I have a 2004 Nissan Almera and had the same issue I bought a large bag of silica gel badged as a dehumidifier and keep it in a well on the dash this seems to work well as long as you dry it out regularly mine only takes a few minutes in the microwave to dry it.

Top Bottom