Carbon-Alu clash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin Campbell

Hi there, I have just purchased a Ribble Sportive Bianco to replace the Cube Streamer frame I currently ride.
My plan is to transfer all the kit off the Cube and onto the Ribble. . . . . . but I began wondering if it would cause any dramas using the current alu seatpost, would it damage the frame etc?
Does anyone know if it is ok?
Also, although it is now to late, does anyone own a Sportive Bianco and what do they think of it. The only reason I have bought it is that the Cube frame is to small, their 56cm is no way 56m and decided that purchasing a new frame would be the cheaper option as the running gear on the Cube is of top notch.

I look forward to hearing from you

Marty

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You can mix carbon and alloy. I have a carbon frame and forks with an alloy stem. I was going to use an alloy seapost to but my lbs sold me a carbon one. Weight wise sometimes the gain of carbon over alloy is negligible but the cost is quite large.

OP
OP
Martin Campbell

Martin Campbell

Thanks Hacienda, going to stick to the alu seat post. Had a carbon seat post on my old TCR which snapped half way through a weekend ride. When I finally got home I was very tired and sore!!

Fingers crossed that my nes frame does not fail in the same way.

Cheers

Marty

Top Bottom