Painting carbon soles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
Hi all. I am looking to brush up the look of my cycling shoes by painting the carbon soles as they are scratched due to wear. Can anyone recommened a decent paint to use please?

Jameshow

Veteran
I think you would be better with epoxy resin with black pigment. It will stick better than paint. Rough up the surface with wet and dry sand paper first.

13 rider

Guru
GCN this week have done a you tube video about repairing carbon soles and mentioned a possible video about painting them . Basically expoxy resin over the damage sand and polish

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They will only scuff up again.

Sallar55

Veteran
Do you spend more time cleaning the than riding it. Stuff wears out gets scratched and if you are unlucky they fall apart .Why not buy a new pair colour coded to the bike, I have a friend who is OCD about how stuff looks.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do you spend more time cleaning the than riding it. Stuff wears out gets scratched and if you are unlucky they fall apart .Why not buy a new pair colour coded to the bike, I have a friend who is OCD about how stuff looks.
I recently bought some new locks for the doors to my house. The keys are lovely and shiny and it would be a shame to spoil them. I reckon if I enter and leave the house by the kitchen window instead of either of the doors, it would avoid the keys getting scratched... What do you think of that idea? :whistle:

OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
I recently bought some new locks for the doors to my house. The keys are lovely and shiny and it would be a shame to spoil them. I reckon if I enter and leave the house by the kitchen window instead of either of the doors, it would avoid the keys getting scratched... What do you think of that idea? :whistle:

Almost as if I want to keep my things looking nice isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom