Painting carbon soles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
Do you spend more time cleaning the than riding it. Stuff wears out gets scratched and if you are unlucky they fall apart .Why not buy a new pair colour coded to the bike, I have a friend who is OCD about how stuff looks.

Sorry that my wish to keep my things looking nice upsets you. However thanks for the pointless reply.

OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
They will only scuff up again.

And so what?

Sallar55

Veteran
I recently bought some new locks for the doors to my house. The keys are lovely and shiny and it would be a shame to spoil them. I reckon if I enter and leave the house by the kitchen window instead of either of the doors, it would avoid the keys getting scratched... What do you think of that idea? :whistle:
I thought keys were durable not plated ,must be a rubbish lock set. Not quite a good comparison,your locks are always on view.😄

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Any relation to @Blades? They used to reject well-meant banter but they were ossum up hills. Think they were younger than you, though.
Take care that the paint you use is anti-slip or you increase the risk of going aot.

boydj

Legendary Member
Hi all. I am looking to brush up the look of my cycling shoes by painting the carbon soles as they are scratched due to wear. Can anyone recommened a decent paint to use please?

Really? Any paint would be rubbed off again in only a ride or two. Who looks at the soles of someone's shoes?

a.twiddler

Veteran
Really? Any paint would be rubbed off again in only a ride or two. Who looks at the soles of someone's shoes?

Someone watching a recumbentist roll by?

vickster

Legendary Member
Any relation to @Blades? They used to reject well-meant banter but they were ossum up hills. Think they were younger than you, though.
Take care that the paint you use is anti-slip or you increase the risk of going aot.

Also good to avoid anti climb paint for cycling shoes :okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Why not buy a new pair colour coded to the bike, I have a friend who is OCD about how stuff looks.

I saw, I think it was, a Basso bike at a cycle show with an amazing mettalic paint job, with a free matching pair of shoes. Mind you the bike was £9k, and this was before new bike prices went mad....

a.twiddler

Veteran
Following the posts on this thread, if it wasn't for the fact that I use general purpose shoes on the recumbent I might be tempted to attach something reflective or fluorescent to the soles of my shoes. Given my usual slothful average speed it's the only way I could truthfully claim that I flashed past anything.

Top Bottom