Carbon bling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bottle cages are one of the few concessions I've made to cf. FYI, when I got my Focus ones a few years ago I was using Camelbak Podium 750ml bottles, but I found they bounced out of the cf cages fairly often as cf cages don't grip as well as alu ones.

I switched back to Camelbak Podium 500ml bottels and they've been fine ever since :thumbsup:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Not bad - 28 gm (+/- 5gms)! - I needed a couple of side cages - not alloy as I find they scratch your bottles, looked at c/f but then found some poly-carbonate ones - by 'Giant' and only 30 gms. Admittedly not quite so blingy, but just as light. BTW - what is this bottle cage weight obsession all about????

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Not bad - 28 gm (+/- 5gms)! - I needed a couple of side cages - not alloy as I find they scratch your bottles, looked at c/f but then found some poly-carbonate ones - by 'Giant' and only 30 gms. Admittedly not quite so blingy, but just as light. BTW - what is this bottle cage weight obsession all about????
It's bling nothing to do with weight,^_^

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
D's right, it's just bling. Any minuscule weight saving on my bike is wiped out by my big old belly :smile:

I got mine when I had a cf bike, but I doubt I'd buy cf ones again tbh.
The belly?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I did a 38 miler today, which finished with the 650 ft climb up Jeffrey Hill from the Chipping side. As it was cool and I'd had TWO cafe stops I hadn't touched my water so I drained all but a mouthful out of the bottle before starting the climb as I was damned if I was going to carry 750 gms of useless weight up there!

Top Bottom