Carbon bling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Bottle cages are one of the few concessions I've made to cf. FYI, when I got my Focus ones a few years ago I was using Camelbak Podium 750ml bottles, but I found they bounced out of the cf cages fairly often as cf cages don't grip as well as alu ones.

I switched back to Camelbak Podium 500ml bottels and they've been fine ever since :thumbsup:

endoman

Look the same as the Planet X ones, no problem at all with a 750 for me, even in the lumpy bumpy Cheshire Cat.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Not bad - 28 gm (+/- 5gms)! - I needed a couple of side cages - not alloy as I find they scratch your bottles, looked at c/f but then found some poly-carbonate ones - by 'Giant' and only 30 gms. Admittedly not quite so blingy, but just as light. BTW - what is this bottle cage weight obsession all about????

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Not bad - 28 gm (+/- 5gms)! - I needed a couple of side cages - not alloy as I find they scratch your bottles, looked at c/f but then found some poly-carbonate ones - by 'Giant' and only 30 gms. Admittedly not quite so blingy, but just as light. BTW - what is this bottle cage weight obsession all about????
It's bling nothing to do with weight,^_^

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
D's right, it's just bling. Any minuscule weight saving on my bike is wiped out by my big old belly :smile:

I got mine when I had a cf bike, but I doubt I'd buy cf ones again tbh.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
D's right, it's just bling. Any minuscule weight saving on my bike is wiped out by my big old belly :smile:

I got mine when I had a cf bike, but I doubt I'd buy cf ones again tbh.
The belly?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I did a 38 miler today, which finished with the 650 ft climb up Jeffrey Hill from the Chipping side. As it was cool and I'd had TWO cafe stops I hadn't touched my water so I drained all but a mouthful out of the bottle before starting the climb as I was damned if I was going to carry 750 gms of useless weight up there!

Those look as if they would work with a small frame - can you push the bottles in sideways, rather than from the top (if you see what I mean). I'm all for bling, but they must function well too :thumbsup:.

Never tried it that way, but I think it would be a bit difficult.

Top Bottom