Carbon Sportive Bike advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Spring is in the air and I'm thinking about a new sportive bike. I'm thinking full carbon, sportive geometry (I'm getting on a bit now), and must have a triple. Budget is £1500 - £2000 and so far I've got my shortlist down to:

Orbea Onix T105 (I have an Orbea bike at present and really love it)
Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 (I haven't even seen one, but have read some very good reviews)
Specialized Roubaix Elite 10
Cube Agree GTC Pro (Ultegra)

I'm arranging test rides, but what advice & opinions can people offer, particularly on the Cube which seems to be extraordinarily good value at £1500 with Ultegra.

Thanks

Ross

Spoilt for choice! There's another thread running on Cannondale Carbon 6 105 vs Trek Madone 4.2 and there's plenty of people saying very complimentary thing about the Cannondale. Also be aware the Cannondale won Cycling Weeklys Bike of the year (up to £2.5K) recently.

Sorry I can be much help on the others (I've got a Giant TCR-C1 and about to invest in a Ribble Sportive).

i have to say i was 90% going to get the Orbea Onix TLT. Its a lovely bike but an opportunity came my way which I took and I am now the proud owner of Spesh Roubaix Pro SL. I have to say the Roubaix is a dream and although I have only ridden 40 miles it is so different to my alu Giant. The obvious advice is to test ride them.

You live close to me and I couldnt find anywhere local that had my size to test ride. The best place if your really interested in the Orbea is Epic Cycles who gave me some great advice, and they also have an Orbea Orca Classic for 2k which is a hell of a deal !

lukesdad

Dolan Mythos ? Ive just got one. Wasn t sure to start with, but, couple of K s under the belt and its effortless really pleased with it Campag components £1300 Bargain !

monnet

Guru
If you want a racier sportive ride how about the Scott CR1? It's got a slightly longer head tube this year to give a more relaxed geometry but remains a bit racier than most sportive bikes.

That's just a thought though. I was in the market for something similar last year and would have gone for the Roubaix had I not had a change of heart and decided to race and so gone for something more suitable.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've had my Roubaix for almost a year now and I love it; I dream all day about riding it and can't wait for the better weather. Took it to South Africa and rode a 110km sportive round The Cape and now I'm back to the cold and wet. I'm 53 and find it very comfortable. My poor old mountain bike is gathering dust.

Top Bottom