Cargo trailers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

I'm considering a Bellelli B-Tourist which is similar concept and can be got for about 90GBP on amazon. I use a Granny shopping trolley anywayso might as well have one that I can use as a trailer.
Just looked at it, it looks quiet robust. For shopping it looks perfect. Halfords claim they are/ were going to have it in. Might be worth checking it out there first, IF they have it in. Their answer on the net are not that helpful. Check for spare parts prices. Burley are extremely high.

Sara_H

Guru
Just looked at it, it looks quiet robust. For shopping it looks perfect. Halfords claim they are/ were going to have it in. Might be worth checking it out there first, IF they have it in. Their answer on the net are not that helpful. Check for spare parts prices. Burley are extremely high.
It's been like that on the Halfords website for quite some time.The Amazon price seems to be the best I can find.

I do like the look of the tailer. The bag can be removed and trailer used to bungee stuff to. I was thinking it might also be quite a good option if I were to decide to do a bit of cycle camping with my Brompton.

Sara_H

Guru
Ooh @Sara_H now you've got me thinking. I looked at the burley at work earlier and had to have a little lie down! The belelli seems much more attainable.definitely not a sniff of it in Halfords though.
They do look good don't they? I'm justifying it by saying that even if I don't use it too often as a trailer I'll probably use it quite frequently as a shopping trolley. Hee hee!

brand

My new replacement for the black peice of junk trailer just arrived, apart from very rusty wheel it is very well made, definitely be able to leave it outside. Very heavy though. Going to give it a coat of hammerite before trying it out. Just right for apples and wood and anything else a bit on the bulky side.

brand

My 5th one! 2 for sale 1 for bin.
This one is an Ebay purchase second hand almost identical to the crap black one. Plastic box the same. Wheels badly rusted in places.
Rest excellent you can feel the quality and the weight! Bigger wheels ie 20" and I already have Marathon plus tyres. 42 pound with postage. This is the Ebay picture:-
New trailer before paint.JPG

And after green Hammerite paint job

New trailer 1.JPG

Went to a mates about quarter of a mile as a test ride scrounged a full dinner takeaway! and found a bit of wood for the fire.
New trailer 2.JPG

Good start. Trailer did not feel all that safe a bit wobbly. Tie the wood together and maybe if there was enough room I could have had the wood facing the other way. To be fair thats not the way I intend on using it. If cut up it would have just gone in the trailer anyway. With the Burley this will do me......NO MORE TRAILERS.

You can take your garden out for a ride too
2010-04-29 10.09.50.jpg
Things have changed much since then. Bike has had an xtracycle conversion for shopping purposes. Trailer was used as a base for a much larger version, which became a bit redundant as it's major use was taking garden waste to the recycling centre. When local council providing a bin for garden waste it wasn't used much afterwards.

Top Bottom