Carol Boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
This is tragic news indeed.

This has been posted on our club Facebook page and our cover photo is now plain black:
'as a mark of respect and to show the Boardman family we are thinking of them at such a sad time we at LCL will along with clubs be changing our banner for 24hrs to plain black .
please pass on to your club admins'

Our connor

Just been reading on Facebook,young girl asking for witness for her brother who was knocked off his week old bike today in Billinge (Wigan) by a motor home of all things,driver failed to stop after shunting him into a parked car. She says the police don't want to know without a reg number.

fimm

Veteran
RIP and condolences to the Boardman family.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Mod note:
This Cafe thread has been mainly expressions of sympathy, and should stay that way.
There is a separate thread (currently in General Cycling Discussions) here:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/chris-boardmans-mum.204153/
that should be used for discussing the nature of the accident itself etc. To this end, a few of the posts above have been transferred to that thread. I am not going back up this thread to move all posts that could be taken to be discussing the accident, as that would be too confusing in the other thread.
Thanks

Last edited:

dodgy

Carol was well known at Eureka, everyone in there knew her and she will be sorely missed. I really feel for Chris and for Keith (Carol's husband), they are a pivotal cycling family both at the local level and nationally. Everyone has a positive story to tell about how they've been helped by either Keith or Carol.

I'm on holiday in the alps at the moment, brought Chris' autobiography out with me planning to read it, but I just can't bring myself to as I know there will be plenty of stuff in there that is now heart wrenching. The piece tweeted by Chris features in the first chapter of his book called simply 'Wirral.

I think I'll be in tears the first time I see Keith walk into Eureka on his own one day. :sad:

Top Bottom