Carradice bags - are they a faff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz2

I think the hanging from bag loops thing worked better with old clubman and tourer seat angles of 70 or 71 degrees. Most road-going bikes now have 73 deg seat angles, regardless of their intended use, and this brings the bag into contact with the rider's thighs if you can't get the saddle far enough back to compensate. Brooks saddles have short rails, which exacerbates the problem - I bet most Carradice owners have a Brooks.

junior carridice on the brompton works great for me

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hurrah for Carradice...
Needed a 'Sport support bar' (not bra) for my Bagman, a Super C Audax and a Bagman qr adapter, as I was chatting to 'Dave' I joked it's a shame the Super C Audax is not available in Red....to which he said, 'If you want red we can make it for you'!
How brilliant is that!!

Last edited:

markemark

Über Member
I have one with the sqr locking and it’s excellent. It’s massively lighter than a rack and panniers. Holds enough for a mini tour (hotel tour, granted).
I have had to mess around a bit to strengthen the straps a bit but it’s going strong after 4 years of near constant use on my commute.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I bought a secondhand Zipped Roll. Much better than a Barley for day rides, as it's the perfect size and it doesn't wobble about.
I have a red Zipped Roll as well (a Zaneta) and use it for shorter days out, but this is for longer days/night rides/crappy weather and 200k plus where a bit of extra kit is required. On the Bagman it's solid as a rock.
The red Zaneta might be fitted to the front as a bar-bag for the full red white and blue combo....

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Damn you all.... I've just ordered a zipped roll in green. So thanks, thanks a lot for the 50 fewer beer chits I now have. :laugh:

Top Bottom