Carradice bags - are they a faff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
As of today I'm now the owner of an "Emma". Or a zipped roll made by Emma anyway. I ordered green and got black (I think) but no matter, it looks fine, and probably matches the bike colours better.
It's really solid on a B17, no swaying or rattling about, I don't know it's there... and such a perfect size for all the tools, tubes, pumps and a waterproof, with a bit of room to spare.
Thanks again, enablers. :okay:
20210331_202542.jpg

20210331_202525.jpg

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Ahem....The red Zipped Roll is STANDARD!!!
View attachment 580631

View attachment 580632

Yes, I know it's grubby, but this is my 4 seasons bicycle...used in all four seasons and I don't have @ianrauk cleaning OCD ;-)
Was the brake cable already red, or did you change it to match?
I must say that the red bags do look very good. Post an update photo in a couple or three years - it will be interesting to see how they fade.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
As of today I'm now the owner of an "Emma". Or a zipped roll made by Emma anyway. I ordered green and got black (I think) but no matter, it looks fine, and probably matches the bike colours better.
It's really solid on a B17, no swaying or rattling about, I don't know it's there... and such a perfect size for all the tools, tubes, pumps and a waterproof, with a bit of room to spare.
Thanks again, enablers. :okay:
View attachment 581618
View attachment 581619
Nah that's a 'green', it has honey leather whereas the 'black' has white leather.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Nah that's a 'green', it has honey leather whereas the 'black' has white leather.
Yes it is green. They seem to be a darker shade these days unless my barley has faded a lot more than I think.
Thank you, green it is, the straps do give it away. It's really dark though, in the second pic I can see a bit of a green tinge, but in the flesh it's black, for all the world. In fact Nigel Tufnel would probably ask how much more black this bag could be, and his answer would be "None. None more black".
Nice though. I imagine it'll fade at some point to more of a green.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Was the brake cable already red, or did you change it to match?
I must say that the red bags do look very good. Post an update photo in a couple or three years - it will be interesting to see how they fade.
Hopefully they’ll fade to match the handlebat tape ;-)
The Red cables are original (custom build)....

Top Bottom