carrea cross ebike pedal assist fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garry h

hi i have a fault on the bike when i pedal i get no assit but when i get off to push the assit comes on and i have to hold it with the brake till assit goes off on carrea ebike

Firstly - how old is the bike
If the bike is within warranty then you should take it back to the shop - messing with it in any way could invalidate the guarantee - or maybe just give them an excuse to argue

SO - assuming it is out of warranty
I am not sure what you mean
I presume that there is no pedal assist when you pedal - no matter how hard to push on the pedals?
Now - the bit where you get off - are you saying that you stop pedalling and nothing happens - then you get off and the motor starts up??
which seems strange - do you turn the pedals when you get off?

OP
OP
G

garry h

the bike is about 4yrs old when i get of and move it to park the motor kicks in on full if i donot have hands on brakes it would just go this happen for about 20 sec do not turn pedals at all thanks for getting back

This is probably a daft question - but if you don;t get off but just scoot it along while sitting on it - but not turning the pedals does the motor still start
and - when you push it do the pedals turn when you are pushing it.

I was just wondering if the freewheel is sticky and when you push it the chain is moving and turning the pedals - hence the bike thinks it is being pedaled
p.s. I could look it up - but is it hub drive?

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
This is probably a daft question - but if you don;t get off but just scoot it along while sitting on it - but not turning the pedals does the motor still start
and - when you push it do the pedals turn when you are pushing it.

I was just wondering if the freewheel is sticky and when you push it the chain is moving and turning the pedals - hence the bike thinks it is being pedaled
p.s. I could look it up - but is it hub drive?
This might be very close to the motor kicking in while OP is walking , my spoke protector came loose and wedged between the cassette and spokes thus overcoming the freewheel. This in turn spins the front cranks, activating the pedal sensor, telling the motor to go. Took me a while to realise what was happening.
Garry, check the spoke protector is secure and not inhibiting the cassettes ability to freewheel

(Extensively edited to remove extensive spelling mistakes :headshake::laugh:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom