Carrera Tony Doyle epic GT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Would I be right in thinking that those Carreras are about the same age as my Celeste frame? The Carrera decal is the same style.

Yes I would say so

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I've always thought of Carreras as modern Halfords bikes one quality level up from Apollo. I had no idea they were once making lugged & brazed stuff with Reynolds tubing!. Until the other bare project frame popped up on here the other day, I'd never even seen a "vintage" style Carrera before.

DRM

Guru
I've always thought of Carreras as modern Halfords bikes one quality level up from Apollo. I had no idea they were once making lugged & brazed stuff with Reynolds tubing!. Until the other bare project frame popped up on here the other day, I'd never even seen a "vintage" style Carrera before.
I thought Halfords sold Carerra bikes, Carrera were made in Italy, top quality race bikes ridden by the likes of Mario Cippolini, Ivan Basso & I think Marco Pantani, they can’t sell them in Britain due to Halfords putting a stop to it.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I thought Halfords sold Carerra bikes, Carrera were made in Italy, top quality race bikes ridden by the likes of Mario Cippolini, Ivan Basso & I think Marco Pantani, they can’t sell them in Britain due to Halfords putting a stop to it.

That is true of the current range but not so sure about the older ie late 80's onwards ones
I like them a lot as i have always found them to ride well etc etc

It looks a lot like my late 80's Ralegh Criterium. When was Tony Doyle making headlines in the press may give a clue to it's age ?

Top Bottom