Carrera Tony Doyle epic GT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Would I be right in thinking that those Carreras are about the same age as my Celeste frame? The Carrera decal is the same style.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Would I be right in thinking that those Carreras are about the same age as my Celeste frame? The Carrera decal is the same style.

Yes I would say so

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I've always thought of Carreras as modern Halfords bikes one quality level up from Apollo. I had no idea they were once making lugged & brazed stuff with Reynolds tubing!. Until the other bare project frame popped up on here the other day, I'd never even seen a "vintage" style Carrera before.

DRM

Guru
I've always thought of Carreras as modern Halfords bikes one quality level up from Apollo. I had no idea they were once making lugged & brazed stuff with Reynolds tubing!. Until the other bare project frame popped up on here the other day, I'd never even seen a "vintage" style Carrera before.
I thought Halfords sold Carerra bikes, Carrera were made in Italy, top quality race bikes ridden by the likes of Mario Cippolini, Ivan Basso & I think Marco Pantani, they can’t sell them in Britain due to Halfords putting a stop to it.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I thought Halfords sold Carerra bikes, Carrera were made in Italy, top quality race bikes ridden by the likes of Mario Cippolini, Ivan Basso & I think Marco Pantani, they can’t sell them in Britain due to Halfords putting a stop to it.

That is true of the current range but not so sure about the older ie late 80's onwards ones
I like them a lot as i have always found them to ride well etc etc

It looks a lot like my late 80's Ralegh Criterium. When was Tony Doyle making headlines in the press may give a clue to it's age ?

Top Bottom