Carrying inner tube under the saddle ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have bought a saddle bag which finally does not cause short rub but its a bit tight getting 2 tubes, tyre levers, c02 inflator and my multi tool is a bit big for the pouch underneath and fell out last week .
Is it possible to stick a tube between the saddle rails or should i just carry 1 tube and a small patch kit ?
I supposed i could always stick one in my jersey pocket but wondered if anyone has done the saddle mount successfully ?
lezyne-m-caddy-qr-saddlebag-jpg.jpg

Topeak-Hexus-II-Multi-Tool.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Ditch the CO2 and put a pump on the frame? Or get a tri bag for the bits that don't fit?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

You do realise that multitool has tyre levers built in?
I'd ditch one tube and pack some Skabs.
can fit the multi tool into the pouch with the levers on and tbh i wouldnt trust em to get a tyre off .
EDIT i might try them on my turbo wheel and see how they do .

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

If you haven’t even got room for two tubes, you’ll never get a kitchen sink in there.

You could fit your whole saddlebag several times over in the typical audaxer’s saddlebag.
I would like a bigger bag but ihave got one that means i dont need a new pair of shorts every long ride due to the bag rubbing a hole in thighs where they used to touch the bag.
For commuting i use panniers .

davidphilips

Veteran
Carlsbourgh option , buy a bigger saddle bag, i have a very similar lezyne bag as yours on one bike and all i can fit into it is 2 tubes and some levers.

On another bike i have a bigger saddle bag that holds about twice as much but is about the same width (its a lezyne also) and thats perhaps a good option? Because its no widder it should not cause rub.
100_8689[1].JPG
100_8686[1].JPG
100_8687[1].JPG
100_8688[1].JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Carlsbourgh option , buy a bigger saddle bag, i have a very similar lezyne bag as yours on one bike and all i can fit into it is 2 tubes and some levers.

On another bike i have a bigger saddle bag that holds about twice as much but is about the same width (its a lezyne also) and thats perhaps a good option? View attachment 413401 View attachment 413402 View attachment 413403 View attachment 413404
The velcro on the straps is what caused the hole in the inner thigh issues .The smaller one looks like the same as mine, i can get 2 tubes , levers and co2 in ...just !

davidphilips

Veteran
The velcro on the straps is what caused the hole in the inner thigh issues .The smaller one looks like the same as mine, i can get 2 tubes , levers and co2 in ...just !
Looks like its a carrying bottle for the bottle cage then,should be enough room, good thing about these you can just use one for as many bikes as you have, on the on shown these 2 tubes tyre levers and co2 with canisters and room for a multi tool ..

Attachments

• 100_8691[1].JPG
    100_8691[1].JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_8690[1].JPG
    100_8690[1].JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom