Cars are bad for your health

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I swapped my working car for my brother's older junker in the summer to help him out at a difficult time, and I never really drove it.

It massively missed the mark at the MOT and has sat completely unused since then, perhaps September? Either way, it has started to bloom into life:
IMG_20171222_105749.jpg

The glasses case from the glove compartment was similarly mouldy. Also, scraping the thing seems to be an absolute nightmare in Scotland...

Drago

Legendary Member
A mysterious fire...?

OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
Far too good to scrap.
Two new front wheels.

I'm paying £25 for a new v5c so I can SORN the thing. The suspension has issues, the battery has a parasitic leak - meaning it needs constantly driven, or routinely charged. Two new front "Good ride" tyres though, if anyone is looking for a Good ride.

pawl

Legendary Member
Definitely bad for your health especially if one smashes you from behind

tyred

Legendary Member
One of the downsides of modern cars is that they don't rust away. Leave an old Cortina sitting unused in the garden for a year in this damp climate and it would have disintegrated and almost disappeared but that doesn't happen any more.

Tin Pot

Guru
I swapped my working car for my brother's older junker in the summer to help him out at a difficult time, and I never really drove it.

It massively missed the mark at the MOT and has sat completely unused since then, perhaps September? Either way, it has started to bloom into life:
View attachment 388155
The glasses case from the glove compartment was similarly mouldy. Also, scraping the thing seems to be an absolute nightmare in Scotland...

Cars, like bikes, need to be used not sat idle.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a simple interior wash would sort this out. Obvs the MOT and perhaps a source for the damp would still be needed.

Top Bottom