Cassette ratio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Ordering some FSA RD60 wheels this evening and going to buy a new cassette too, I have found a ratio of 11-25, my style of riding is grinding, I like to feel resistance through every pedal stroke, I trust these ratios will give me that as its something I know nothing about, I want road bike gearing btw.
Any suggestions welcome.

festival

Über Member
Too many variables to comment if 11/25 will be suitable for your needs, its only part of the equation. 9,10,11,12 speed? chainset ratio?

But 11/25 is pretty standard gearing for all types of riding except steep hills for someone who is reasonably fit.

While you may be aware "grinding" is not an efficient method of cycling, depending on your regular routes you may prefer a maximum 23 t sprocket.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
If you are planning to put those wheels on your hybrid then you might want to measure the rear dropout distance first. Most hybrids have 135mm (i.e. mtb) rear hubs while road hubs are 130mm. With cartridge bearings at the rear a messy kludge might be the only way to make up an extra 5mm.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
If you are planning to put those wheels on your hybrid then you might want to measure the rear dropout distance first. Most hybrids have 135mm (i.e. mtb) rear hubs while road hubs are 130mm. With cartridge bearings at the rear a messy kludge might be the only way to make up an extra 5mm.
Oh bugger already brought them :ohmy:

Top Bottom