Catford Cycle Club Hill Climb Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
we have our own hills up here in the peaks you know chris! copied from club website about the monsal hill climb

Despite my failure to properly enter I managed to get a late entry as someone dropped out, but I only found out on Saturday afternoon that I would get a ride- having trained that morning and Friday afternoon. Not to be deterred though I got a decent warm up and absolutely spanked it up the 700 yard climb, managing a respectable 1.48 and 35th/120 riders :biggrin: my mate who's on top form at the moment got 22nd place and some guy called Russ Downing of Team Sky (?) won it with 1.20! T<br style="font-size: 1em; position: static !important; ">
40894_443530145937_507450937_5924822_1109665_n.jpg

dead after the hill climb<br style="font-size: 1em; position: static !important; ">
68593_443539845937_507450937_5925197_1824935_n.jpg

<br style="font-size: 1em; position: static !important; ">​

downing warming up on his fixie =)​

zigzag

Veteran
fixie is the most suitable bike for such competitions, provided you get the gearing right. brakes are not needed, as well as saddle and seatpost. i would also install long stem and wide bars. this very basic bike could give at least 10s advantage imho.

maurice

No, the kid won the BEC

maurice

Is that 'the Maurice' Burton senior? Germain did bloody well he beat some top riders there at the Bec, I posted you a link to a pic on Twitpic earlier.
thumbsup.png

Haha no I'm not 'the Maurice'!

I was there at the Catford and BEC riding/watching, it was extremely impressive, he'll win something big in a few years time no doubt.

Top Bottom