Cav Documentary on Netflix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
not boring, his comment on cav crashing into the bollard and doing a summersault was, I would score that as a ten, hes an ignorant b@st@rd
the nob ed is boring as soon as his lips start to move.

sorry, but I really I dont understand what you mean when you say...
I wonder if they approached Chris Boardman , Froome or Wiggins for comment, would have made it more authentic tbh.

its a documentary, .... what wasnt authentic !!!!

Perhaps the brought in LA for the USA audiences?

All I was trying to say is that a comment from his peers would have added a great deal of weight rather than LA or someone else.

Jameshow

Veteran
Another docu soap m/h series...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66546155

I won't be watching it tbh.

Milzy

Guru
And your evidence for this is??

Explain, how in the course of a couple of days, mid 1989, he could go from being shelled out the back at even dropped by the sprinters in the mountains of the Giro to finishing on the podium during the final time trial - and then going onto win the Tour and the Worlds. Seeing Greg go up the final climb in the worlds just made a complete mockery of everyone in the race. He was easily beating top guys who admitted to doping. I read a lot of books on cycling because it’s my religion. Study Greg’s era, massive scale doping before Lance made it more scientifically prolific.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Explain, how in the course of a couple of days, mid 1989, he could go from being shelled out the back at even dropped by the sprinters in the mountains of the Giro to finishing on the podium during the final time trial - and then going onto win the Tour and the Worlds. Seeing Greg go up the final climb in the worlds just made a complete mockery of everyone in the race. He was easily beating top guys who admitted to doping. I read a lot of books on cycling because it’s my religion. Study Greg’s era, massive scale doping before Lance made it more scientifically prolific.

That isn't evidence tho - you need actual evidence to back up your claim

Milzy

Guru
That isn't evidence tho - you need actual evidence to back up your claim
In support of Lemond, his VO2 max was documented to be among the highest, if not the highest, around. Didn’t he claim he had low iron? How can a few B12 shots with Iron tablets increase his performance so fast? There’s no evidence of Lance just a confession. Didn’t fail one test.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
In support of Lemond, his VO2 max was documented to be among the highest, if not the highest, around. Didn’t he claim he had low iron? How can a few B12 shots with Iron tablets increase his performance so fast? There’s no evidence of Lance just a confession. Didn’t fail one test.

So a confession doesn't count despite numerous cyclists who rode with him said they all doped too

There is no evidence that Greg LeMond doped but there is plenty that Armstrong did

Milzy

Guru
So a confession doesn't count despite numerous cyclists who rode with him said they all doped too

There is no evidence that Greg LeMond doped but there is plenty that Armstrong did

To be at the top you have to. Even today they’ll be pushing into grey areas even if they’re clean. We have a local hobby/club rider who’s 10 stone pushing 340 ftp age 59. Ex amateur racer. His training consists of just riding around with no real plan. Even if he’s just naturally talented people are suspicious he’s on PED’s.

Jameshow

Veteran
To be at the top you have to. Even today they’ll be pushing into grey areas even if they’re clean. We have a local hobby/club rider who’s 10 stone pushing 340 ftp age 59. Ex amateur racer. His training consists of just riding around with no real plan. Even if he’s just naturally talented people are suspicious he’s on PED’s.

If he's got a big endurance base he will maintain that level of performance much easier than someone who comes to the sport later. I find that's the case with runners even 50 yo whip me!

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush

Again, you have provided no actual evidence that Greg LeMond doped. Like you, I have read countless cycling books, most of David Walsh's work and at no point does Walsh incriminate LeMond - his view on Armstrong was slightly different and Walsh was correct about the bullying cheat all along despite being sued

Milzy

Guru
Again, you have provided no actual evidence that Greg LeMond doped. Like you, I have read countless cycling books, most of David Walsh's work and at no point does Walsh incriminate LeMond - his view on Armstrong was slightly different and Walsh was correct about the bullying cheat all along despite being sued

If there was evidence it would be a real big story. It’s like O.J Simpson got off even though we all know he did it.

Top Bottom