Cav Documentary on Netflix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazz

I'm not even remotely interested in cycling as a spectator sport, but I watched this documentary with interest. I didn't really know anything about Cavendish the person but it was a very absorbing watch.

Jameshow

Veteran
I watched last night...

Had too much of Harry and Megan to it in my opinion.

She was as vocal as he is...

His struggles maybe real but came across with a great deal of entitlement.

Most interesting insight was into the workings of the teams.

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
I watched last night...

Had too much of Harry and Megan to it in my opinion.

She was as vocal as he is...

His struggles maybe real but came across with a great deal of entitlement.

Most interesting insight was into the workings of the teams.

Maybe, but on the other hand she was holding the family together while he was out on the road.

I found it a bit boring at times, it could probably have been half an hour shorter and not loose anything. It does feel like it is unfinished, and I wonder if that was done on purpose, that without the 35th stage the story is unfinished.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
just watched it , I really enjoyed it but as above I cannot understand why they give the cheating bullying fecker any airtime whatso ever

Call me a cynic, but probably just cash:

Armstrong has a popular podcast and will talk up the documentary gaining Netflix subscribers and cash; vice versa rehabilitating Armstrong in this sort of way will attract him more listeners and therefore advertisers and cash.

Jameshow

Veteran
just watched it , I really enjoyed it but as above I cannot understand why they give the cheating bullying fecker any airtime whatso ever

Cause he's not boring like the British commentary team ATM.

I wonder if they approached Chris Boardman , Froome or Wiggins for comment, would have made it more authentic tbh.

Reactions: gbb

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
It is sportsmen like this that inspire me to try harder, get fitter and remember how fortunate I am to be mentally and physlically able to do cycling. I thought the documentary was well put together and very enjoyable

Cause he's not boring like the British commentary team ATM.

I wonder if they approached Chris Boardman , Froome or Wiggins for comment, would have made it more authentic tbh.
not boring, his comment on cav crashing into the bollard and doing a summersault was, I would score that as a ten, hes an ignorant b@st@rd
the nob ed is boring as soon as his lips start to move.

sorry, but I really I dont understand what you mean when you say...

its a documentary, .... what wasnt authentic !!!!

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Yup, just watched it, excellent.
So interesting because as Cav fell from the stratospheric heights he was at...you never really knew why, the program kinds opened up that chapter, chapter and verse.
As an aside, I got really emotional through it several times...I was always aware, when my dad died, I became highly susceptible to others outburst of emotion, good or bad, its never left me, it will instantly put a lump in my throat.

The Armstrong thing kinda surprised me...I didn't expect that. For me, he's done his time, paid the price, wrecked his own name , im not one to demand someone pay the price for eternity. Just my opinion. I suspect as stated up post, hes there because Netlix see him as a crowd puller.

Last edited:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Maybe, but on the other hand she was holding the family together while he was out on the road.

I found it a bit boring at times, it could probably have been half an hour shorter and not loose anything. It does feel like it is unfinished, and I wonder if that was done on purpose, that without the 35th stage the story is unfinished.

I was really impressed with his wife. I think she carried an awful lot whilst he was in the wilderness and I'm as pleased for her that he emerged the other side as I am for him. I thought it was an excellent programme - Cav came across as both a pain in the bottom and an absolute joy to be around. We really enjoyed it here.

Cannot decide what I think he'll do next year. (Clearly it's not up to me, but you know what I mean).

Top Bottom