Cav... is he a Brit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
This might be a stupid question but theres been a lot on the web about how well Cavendish has been doing, and how he's now the best cyclist from the UK.

Forgive me, but isnt the Isle of Mann simply part of the British Isles and nothing else? They have their own government, so how can they be British?

I saw this US broadcast clip online and it made me think:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGF8GjdGF3o

:biggrin:

Noodley

They are British citizens.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Noodley said:
They are British citizens.

Crikey. See I got confused when I saw a program on the Isle on the telly and how they all argued they werent. :biggrin: Perhaps we need to send the boys in now we're out of Iraq. Tell them theres oil :biggrin:

Noodley

downfader said:
Crikey. See I got confused when I saw a program on the Isle on the telly and how they all argued they werent.

You'll get that in many parts of the country :biggrin:

yello

I have a problem with American accented commentators on some sports, I don't know why. Well, to be honest, it's probably what they say rather than how. It's the different approach to the sport I guess, but it somehow seems passionless.

But as to the question, I suspect Noodley's right there; many 'home nations' think of themselves as Scottish, Welsh, whatever rather than British!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Noodley said:
You'll get that in many parts of the country :biggrin:

There was this old boy on the documnetary I saw... must have been about 90, and he was like the grand father in the texas chainsaw massacre (kept trying to start fights) :biggrin:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
WE need more American commentators!! They made that finish sound amazing!

I do like like Sean Kelly, but he always sounds like a very old fella embarrassedly informing you of the contents of his pocket.

FOAD

In an interview Cav himself said he was from Great Britain. I am claiming him based on that. :becool:

Top Bottom