CC 100 mile fixed gear club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Not as yet, just tossing the idea around to gauge interest. I have run enough CC rides to know by now that if 20 people say they want to ride, on the day if 8 turn up that is fairly normal. There're quite a few of us on CC that have ridden together before, some of us several times, when these folk express an interest I can be fairly sure they will turn up. If only there were more of the fairer sex, but sad to say fixed female riders are few and far between.

I am sure @colly would wear a skirt if it helps to even up the gender split :reading:

I am sure @colly would wear a skirt if it helps to even up the gender split :reading:
For reasons pertaining to my own safety you are not getting a like for this.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I have ridden 100 miles on fixed on several occasions. Including some occasions when I have been in the company of other cc-istas. But I cannot recall riding 100 miles on fixed with a cc-ista also on fixed. Or summit.

colly

Re member eR
Where two or more CC members have done a ride together of 100 miles or more. Currently there are six of us:
Self
dr_pink
@4F
@colly
@dave r
@jazzkat

I am looking to run another 100 mile fixed ride, already have a route in mind, even a title - King Richard 3rd and back. At this point in time looking at late April-ish. I will post it up in "Informal Rides" in due course.
Right, who's interested?
I might be but seeing as, apart from a couple of 20 milers before Christmas, the last time I was on a bike was the 100 we did last year I had better get some miles in.

I'll see how it goes.

Reactions: 4F

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
No confusion necessary, nothing to do with me as such, I just happened to run the first one, but it's open to anyone, there can't be many on CC who have ridden over 100 miles on fixed and even less those who have done so with another CC member who is also on fixed, so which ever way you look at it I reckon it's a fairly exclusive little club to be in.
If having ridden (on fixed) quite a few 100 mile plus rides, including one of 140, in the past lets me in, then I'll join - but there is no way I will be riding those distances again, because I am no longer fit enough.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
40 miles yesterday in sunshine and over hills. 200km planned for the Mad March audax event 1st March. Anyone else riding it?

If having ridden (on fixed) quite a few 100 mile plus rides, including one of 140, in the past lets me in, then I'll join - but there is no way I will be riding those distances again, because I am no longer fit enough.
Could you get fit again?

40 miles yesterday in sunshine and over hills. 200km planned for the Mad March audax event 1st March. Anyone else riding it?
A little too far for us to travel, but must do one soon, the problem of course as you must well know is that the tt season is beginning soon and a certain someone has unfinished business in the 12 hour.

D

Deleted member 1258

Right, subject to a bit of feedback I will post up the Richard 3rd 100 mile fixed gear ride for the weekend 9/10th May, the feedback being the preferred date, Sat or Sun.

Personally Sunday would be the best, but I will go with either.

Top Bottom