CC 100 mile fixed gear club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Can't get up there, I'm afraid.
Two of us rode the Mad March 200 on fixed, including an ascent into a hailstorm on the Quantocks. Like fun but different. There was rumoured to be a third, but I never saw him.

Can't get up there, I'm afraid.
Two of us rode the Mad March 200 on fixed, including an ascent into a hailstorm on the Quantocks. Like fun but different. There was rumoured to be a third, but I never saw him.
What gear inch are you riding Ian? It isn't exactly flat in those parts.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Still on the winter gear of 43x18. Should be back to my normal 43x17 for longer rides this year. As for hills, I live here so I'm used to them. Must admit I'm not quite as strong as I was 30 years ago.

The new [second hand] bike is coming along nicely, built a new front wheel yesterday and touched up some chips on the frame, the day before I fitted new bearings to the rear wheel. The new chainring and sprocket arrived this morning so little by little I am getting there. I am getting old so have reduced the gear inches by 0.3 :smile:.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I regret I am not going to be available for this weekend :cry:, Is the shorter April ride going to be fixed friendly for us of the flatlands :hello:

I regret I am not going to be available for this weekend :cry:, Is the shorter April ride going to be fixed friendly for us of the flatlands :hello:
It is, nothing as steep as the one we did on the last one. I will be on fixed, in fact we did the ride on Sunday with a bit added on. Really sorry you can't make the fixed ride, I was hoping to get everyone back again. You will have to organise one at your end.

Come on fixed riders, we need more intrepid souls to ride the second only 100 mile fixed gear ride in May, it's a fantastic experience, fixed gear machines all together on one ride. There is always more chat about each persons respective bikes, a cracking day out and given the prominence of Richard 3rd in the news just now, all the more interesting given we will be riding through the site of the battle where Richard fought. No one will be left behind [on the battlefield].

Thinking about it, that sounds like I am contradicting myself because of the !00 mile rides! What I meant was that we go out on our bikes on a rough plan for a route, or as is more likely we decide on how long we want to be out for, the distance is what it is. In any case 40 miles at a hard pace is much more difficult than 100 miles easy, for us anyway.

Top Bottom