CC Ecosse August Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
Better decide a route and a starting place soon then, we could have two return options going back into Edinburgh, one via Polton Mill and one flatter...

Jimbhoy, do you have a preference or a route in mind?

It looks like Eldudino's "illness" will keep him off the bike this weekend, so I shan't be needing to get up at stupid o'clock after all.

hmmm ... HLaB might know this - is the Polton Mill (western) slope steeper?
Combining both for a proper test would probably be a bit too far for a leisurely Sunday ride, for me anyway :blush:

T

According to bikehike, Polton Mill is a mere 13-14% compared with Redstone Rigg which is 15-16% (The GPS recorded 16%) ;)

Attachments

• Polton Hill.jpg
    Polton Hill.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Redstone Rigg and the Rest.jpg
    Redstone Rigg and the Rest.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 49
  • GPS.jpg
    GPS.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 42

MrRidley

Jimbhoy, do you have a preference or a route in mind?

It looks like Eldudino's "illness" will keep him off the bike this weekend, so I shan't be needing to get up at stupid o'clock after all.

It looks like i'm not going to be able to go :angry: as my sister and kids who live in England decided to spring a suprise visit on me last night, Steven if you still want to go out on Sat at a more reasonable time give me a shout as i may be able to get out for a few hours, in failing that i'm going to do this route http://www.bikely.co...South-City-Loop it's about 65 miles although i may plan on extending it though if i can get enough time, if anyone wishes to join feel free, i do hope to make the run at the end of the month though.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
I definitely won't be making this. Orthopaedic assessment came back with knackered tendons in big toe (although the ruptured plantar fascia has reattached, hooray) and a displacement of the metatarsal that's only going to get worse if I don't lay off until I've got special orthotics. Will be a while before I'm doing any climbing (can only pull on the pedal stroke with that foot, not push).

Sadface.

Sam

I definitely won't be making this. Orthopaedic assessment came back with knackered tendons in big toe (although the ruptured plantar fascia has reattached, hooray) and a displacement of the metatarsal that's only going to get worse if I don't lay off until I've got special orthotics. Will be a while before I'm doing any climbing (can only pull on the pedal stroke with that foot, not push).

Sadface.

Sam

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Get fit soon Sam!

scook94

Veteran
It looks like i'm not going to be able to go :angry: as my sister and kids who live in England decided to spring a suprise visit on me last night, Steven if you still want to go out on Sat at a more reasonable time give me a shout as i may be able to get out for a few hours, in failing that i'm going to do this route http://www.bikely.co...South-City-Loop it's about 65 miles although i may plan on extending it though if i can get enough time, if anyone wishes to join feel free, i do hope to make the run at the end of the month though.

Jim, I will be going out at some point tomorrow, but as I'm planning a few beers tonight I'm going to play it by ear in the morning and see how I feel before deciding what time I'll be going out.

MrRidley

Jim, I will be going out at some point tomorrow, but as I'm planning a few beers tonight I'm going to play it by ear in the morning and see how I feel before deciding what time I'll be going out.

Your having beer :eek: you must have been saving up the calories again ;) you can take some of mine if you wish, had an official weigh in this morning, i've put 1 stone on since i quit the fags :cry: perhaps i should go back on them, at this rate i'll be lucky to make it up any hills on the KL next week.

scook94

Veteran
Your having beer :eek: you must have been saving up the calories again ;) you can take some of mine if you wish, had an official weigh in this morning, i've put 1 stone on since i quit the fags :cry: perhaps i should go back on them, at this rate i'll be lucky to make it up any hills on the KL next week.

How you can be cycling 500+ miles a month and still be putting on weight is beyond me! You need to start logging what you eat! http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/lostart.htm

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
500+ miles per MONTH :eek:
Either your body is running on fresh air, or you are guzzling too much "fuel" ...

I recently weighed an average portion of muesli, out of curiosity, and found it was twice as heavy as I had estimated :blush:
Full of good things, but a bit of an eye opener ...

Back on topic - is anybody still available for leisurely this Sunday ride in East/Midlothian, with a hill or 2 thrown in? Just checking ...

T

scook94

Veteran
500+ miles per MONTH :eek:
Either your body is running on fresh air, or you are guzzling too much "fuel" ...

I recently weighed an average portion of muesli, out of curiosity, and found it was twice as heavy as I had estimated :blush:
Full of good things, but a bit of an eye opener ...

Back on topic - is anybody still available for leisurely this Sunday ride in East/Midlothian, with a hill or 2 thrown in? Just checking ...

T

To be fair TM, he's only logged 407 this month, but then August isn't even half way done yet!

I plan to be the TM, once I know the route and the starting place.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:wahhey: Hello Scoosh(ie), long time no see - too busy audaxing? ;)

hmmm ... I suggested a couple of routes, East Lothian (Redstone Rigg), or Midlothian towards the Borders (with Polton Mill climb) ...
any preferences?

T

Top Bottom