Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (East) Ride - Saturday 4th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
We head round Loch Leven past the Larder, and down the Sandy Road to Falkland. Cakage a plenty, then head up West Lomond and home. Easy!

Where is the Sandy Road to Falkland? I did Loch Leven to Leslie then road to Craigmead - Falkland as Col suggests, is there another route to Falkland round the north side?

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Where is the Sandy Road to Falkland? I did Loch Leven to Leslie then road to Craigmead - Falkland as Col suggests, is there another route to Falkland round the north side?

I could be wrong but does the loch leven larder road not take you to falkland?

Fubar

Guru
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2443625

The sandy road goes from around 7.5km on this route to ~16.5km.

If you really want to push the boat out, head over Cleich the easy way, then on the back road to Kinross and round this route to Falkland. Kind Kyttocks Kitchen does a fab double scone, 2 tbl spoons of cream and 2 tbl spoons of jan with tea for a very reasonable rate.

Ah I see, it's the Wester Balgedie road - I never realised it came out anywhere (thought it was a dead-end). That would be a good one to try one day, though I don't fancy Craigmead from the Falkland side! Going down to Leslie would be fun though.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
That road is on the Edinburgh-St Andrews route. It's supposed to be a slight downhill, but it's been a brutal headwind both times I've been there...

Hi
I've been lurking on this thread - I'm thinking of coming along on Sat, But what bike should I bring? Are most folk going to be mountain bike/hybrids or are most going to be on drop handled road bikes?? If its the former I'll bring the folder (I've happily done Edinburgh to St Andrews on it) if not I'll think about bringing my Wilier road bike.

D

Deleted member 20519

Hi
I've been lurking on this thread - I'm thinking of coming along on Sat, But what bike should I bring? Are most folk going to be mountain bike/hybrids or are most going to be on drop handled road bikes?? If its the former I'll bring the folder (I've happily done Edinburgh to St Andrews on it) if not I'll think about bringing my Wilier road bike.

The majority are going to be on road bikes but I reckon there will be a few on hybrids, I don't think anyone has brought a mountain bike along before. Just bring water, appropriate clothing, etc, the normal stuff you'd bring on a ride. Don't worry about anyone leaving you behind though, that definitely will not happen!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I do have a question on what to bring, will I need my lock with me?

Fubar

Guru
Hi

Possibly a mix, however any bike will do on a CC Ecosse ride - it's more about the company than the speed, bike,etc. and we always make sure the slowest isn't left behind. Feel free to come along, always good to see new faces! Regards, Mark

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
As others have said any bike will do, be easier if you have a hybrid/road bike but thats not to say other bikes can not attend or wont make it, until recently i done all my ecosse cc rides on a carrera hybrid, @currystomper, ill add you to the convo we have going with my number and if you can/can't make it along you can let me know on the morning of the ride :thumbsup:

Mmm: I think I'm going to bring my Pacific Reach Folder - its not too flash for a "Lanterne rouge"

Also I want to enjoy the ride - riding my road bike makes me think that I should be going fast - and that's sore!!

Top Bottom