CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
I think an "oi Scooshie!" is required here :sad:

Does that mean you are thinking of coming along? :ohmy:

T
Yes, I am thinking of coming along - and cycling out to the start. Liligow is only 1.30 and Falkirk 2hrs IIRC.

Anyone want to ride out in company ?

HJ said:
Can you let us know is you are riding the fixie, I can't decide whether to vote for the hillier route or not :ohmy:

Yup, planning on the fixed, but if the hillier one is chosen I reserve the right to bring the geared bike. Although that will leave me without an excuse when I have to get off to push it up.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
Yes, I am thinking of coming along - and cycling out to the start. Liligow is only 1.30 and Falkirk 2hrs IIRC.

Anyone want to ride out in company ?

:sad: I think I might take the train there, do the ride on fresh legs and then cycle back home afterwards ... still building up distance after a very low-mileage winter :ohmy:

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Touche said:
Yup, planning on the fixed, but if the hillier one is chosen I reserve the right to bring the geared bike. Although that will leave me without an excuse when I have to get off to push it up.
You have a geared bike ??? :sad:

No excuse needed, mate, "just staying back to encourage the slower folk" has worked fine for HJ for every ride we've done IIRC :ohmy:

Alternatively, "saddle sores" is hard to disprove :ohmy:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The talk of all of these hills is making me nervous - I have cycled up the hill out of Bo'ness towards Linlithgow a few times. I am able to do it, but if I don't have too, I ...erm .....wont!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Mad Doug Biker said:
The talk of all of these hills is making me nervous - I have cycled up the hill out of Bo'ness towards Linlithgow a few times. I am able to do it, but if I don't have too, I ...erm .....wont!
You are allowed to walk up hills on a CC Ecosse ride :biggrin: .....

... the first time :laugh: :thumbsup:

Please don't be nervous about the talk of hills. Remember, a hill to one person is a gentle slope to another; it's a relative thing :laugh:. As has been stated (many times) before - NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND :laugh:. There will always be either someone to keep you company or a meet-up/water stop at the top of the 'slope'. There might even be BOTH :ohmy:.

CC Ecosse Forum Rides are aimed at ALL cyclists. We all started sometime and felt embarrassed about how slow we might be/were xx(. I have yet to hear of someone who has done one of these rides who said 'Oh, it was (far) too quick for me; I won't be back :sad:'. I'm struggling to think of anyone who either didn't come back for another ride or didn't want to come back ....

The only way to find out if I am a serial liar :ohmy: - or am telling the truth .... is ....... - go on, work it out :laugh:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'd love to join you all and show off my new Verenti but the date falls a few days before my chartership exams so it's a no-go for me.

Hope you all enjoy.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
I'm keeping an eye on this to see how it works out as not planning to do anything too hard the week before Etape Cal, although there may be a chance I drive down to tthe lake district to give suprise support to mate mate on the Fred Whitton. I'm sure he would love to get a cheering friend on the lead up to Hardknott (although that will probably be packed) - its a hard call either way.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
kfinlay said:
I'm keeping an eye on this to see how it works out as not planning to do anything too hard the week before Etape Cal, although there may be a chance I drive down to tthe lake district to give suprise support to mate mate on the Fred Whitton. I'm sure he would love to get a cheering friend on the lead up to Hardknott (although that will probably be packed) - its a hard call either way.
A leisurely CC Ecosse Forum ride would be exactly the sort of ride to do the week before the Etape. :smile: No steep hills, leisurely pace, good chat, plenty of stops ... though you will have to exercise self-discipline on the cakes/drinks front :tongue:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eldudino said:
I'd love to join you all and show off my new Verenti but the date falls a few days before my chartership exams so it's a no-go for me.

Hope you all enjoy.
Surely a couple of hours good exercise, away from the books, will be just the sort of 'breath of fresh air' which will inspire you to even greater success in the chartering stakes :tongue:.

Chartered what ?

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
scoosh said:
A leisurely CC Ecosse Forum ride would be exactly the sort of ride to do the week before the Etape. :smile: No steep hills, leisurely pace, good chat, plenty of stops ... though you will have to exercise self-discipline on the cakes/drinks front :tongue:

yeah your right Scoosh, discipline with cakes etc is not a problem, when I was at the last one in Milnathort I had scrambled egg on wholemeal toast while you guys had your cakes and coffee. :evil:

Always good chat/stories and advice on these rides and I would say anyone thats no been on one and is thinking about it then go for it, you'll have a great time and can take part in some or all of it :smile:

Top Bottom