CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
I think I've convinced Carol we need to come straight up the road on Saturday 8th (albeit with a detour via Rochdale). So I should be there on the 9th (wherever it turns out to be!).

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scook94 said:
I think I've convinced Carol we need to come straight up the road on Saturday 8th (albeit with a detour via Rochdale). So I should be there on the 9th (wherever it turns out to be!).

Yay! Great news Scook! You must be earning lots of advance brownie points :angry:

I see the mysterious "Linthgow" route has pulled ahead now ... (sorry Jane :sad:)

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Mad Doug Biker said:
If you can tollerate a fool on an old battered mountain bike (AKA the Tank) then tell me when and where!

We might all be slightly mad :angry: (some of us more so than others), so you'll fit right in :sad:

T

scook94

Veteran
Telemark said:
Yay! Great news Scook! You must be earning lots of advance brownie points B)

I see the mysterious "Linthgow" route has pulled ahead now ... (sorry Jane xx()

T

I could always vote for the TdF to even things up? But to be honest I really don't have a preference... Well maybe the one with the hardest climbs, but not everyone wants or needs that at the moment!

TechMech

Telemark said:
I see the mysterious "Linthgow" route has pulled ahead now ... (sorry Jane B))

It is mysterious no more!!!

Here is the course as was done in Feb 09 Linlithgow 2009

It was shortened on the day due to folks (i.e. me) not being able to do the hills and feeling as if they were going to die xx(

However, now as I eat these kinda hills for breakfast :sad: why don't we do the original route here Linlithgow Original Extened Route

Also the Jelly Baby stop at Blackness castle was nice and I think we should deffo do this again.

scook94

Veteran
TechMech said:

It was shortened on the day due to folks (i.e. me) not being able to do the hills and feeling as if they were going to die B)

However, now as I eat these kinda hills for breakfast xx( why don't we do the original route here Linlithgow Original Extened Route

Also the Jelly Baby stop at Blackness castle was nice and I think we should deffo do this again.

Maybe you and I can give that a whirl and let those new to CC Forum rides and on heavier bikes take the route you did last year?

Alternatively as this is just a social fun day out, we do the easiest route?

TechMech

scook94 said:
Maybe you and I can give that a whirl and let those new to CC Forum rides and on heavier bikes take the route you did last year?

That's a good idea mate! Those wanting the extra 5 miles and 500(ish)ft of climbing could go the extended one and if we don't meet on the way down past the golf course then we could join back up in Linlithgow before doing the top route or rendezvous at Blackness castle for Jelly Babies.

Or alternatively if we do end up doing the TdF would you be cycling through from Stirling? Maybe we could meet up and get a bit longer run in that way.

TechMech

Although saying that, the "Eating hills for breakfast" statement was a maybe stretching reality a bit far......

It would be nice to get a slightly longer run in though.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
TechMech said:

It was shortened on the day due to folks (i.e. me) not being able to do the hills and feeling as if they were going to die B)

However, now as I eat these kinda hills for breakfast xx( why don't we do the original route here Linlithgow Original Extened Route

I've done the extended route a few times. Any budding Pantanis would love it. The rest of us...not so sure:smile: Great route tho. Tour de Bathgate Hills. The climb up to Cairnpapple is definitely Hors Categorie

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Touche said:
Oh! I still need to check with central dispatch, but I will try to make this one as well.

Can you let us know is you are riding the fixie, I can't decide whether to vote for the hillier route or not :ohmy:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
Hmmmm ... Jane talking or hills .... :ohmy:

Tough call ....

.... so I'll keep out of this one :biggrin:

I think an "oi Scooshie!" is required here :sad:

Does that mean you are thinking of coming along? :ohmy:

T

Top Bottom